132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Assistant Director, Student Retention and Transition Services
- Class Description
This position is responsible for working collaboratively with the Program Director for development, implementation, and evaluation of strategic processes and initiatives designed to foster student success and retention, while fully supporting the mission, vision, and values of CCBC. Located on the Catonsville, Dundalk and Essex Campuses. Compensation within the posted range is determined by a candidate's education level and/or years of experience in the field. Generally, employees are hired in the lower third of the scale.
- Minimum Requirements
Master’s degree required, degree in Higher Education Administration, Counseling, Education or related discipline preferred. A minimum of five (5) years of experience working within higher education, preferably at a community college that serves a diverse student population is required. Demonstrated successful experience helping students transition into college as well as transfer to 4-year colleges or universities is required. Minimum of three(3) years of supervisory experience is required. Budget management experience preferred. Experience supporting diverse student populations facing complex academic, personal, social and financial issues is strongly preferred.
For best consideration please apply by December 4, 2022.
- Class Specific Essential Duties
- Use cognitive skills to: solve problems, develop, plan and implement short and long-range goals, and organize work or assigned projects.
- Disseminate information on CCBC policies, services and procedures to faculty, parents and students etc; specifically maintain a working knowledge of FERPA, COMAR and MHEC regulations.
- Assess transcripts and give preliminary unofficial assessment of transfer credits to determine placement.
- Establish processes for systematic tracking of student academic progress.
- Collect and evaluate data on special populations and provide follow-up interventions including the preparation of special reports, as required.
- Collaborate with others in design of workshops and presentations, including professional development for targeted departments and functional units, including faculty.
- Establish metrics, in collaboration of others, to track student progress.
- Provide leadership in design of a collaborative system for referrals to both internal and external resources and services to support student’s educational planning.
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties as assigned.
- Position Specific Essential Duties
- Assume responsibility for executing intentional and evidence-based programs, policies, and procedures to support student success, retention and transfer.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to plan, execute, and design and/or enhance programs that support student retention, completion, and transfer to 4-year colleges and universities.
- Develop a student success, outreach and support team; establish goals, objectives, and effectiveness metrics.
- Guide holistic approaches to support services for students at risk of not completing their academic goals, for purposes of increasing access, belonging, retention, and satisfaction across all programs.
- In collaboration with the Office of Transfer and Degree Acceleration, operationalize and implement dual admissions and other transfer articulation agreements.
- Maintain close working relationship with academic advisement leadership to design supportive services and programs for students planning to transfer to a 4-year college or university.
- In collaboration with the the Office of Transfer and Degree Acceleration, coordinate Articulation and Transfer Partnership Workshops for both CCBC stakeholders and 4-year partners.
- Collaborate with Academic Advisement leadership to design sound campaigns, messaging and protocols to assist students to accelerate their path to degree completion.
- Design short-term and long-range strategies for programming aimed at student retention and transfer initiatives to fully support students and empower them through their first year and beyond for continued success.
- Advise and assist with the development, execution, and evaluation of strategic processes and initiatives designed to foster student success and retention, while fully supporting the mission, vision, and values of CCBC.
- Design proactive processes to connect students to both CCBC advisors and 4-year institution bridge advisors, assisting students to successfully navigate their academic experiences at CCBC and seamlessly enter the transfer institution.
- Regularly participate in dual admissions and other transfer program convenings to discuss progress, examine data and make recommendations for program improvements..
- Participate in internal and external professional development activities pertinent to articulation, transfer, student persistence, and retention.
- Serve on established departmental committees and/or ad hoc committees, task forces or other bodies pertinent to student success.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*