This job has Expired
Artificial Intelligence (AI) Project Leader
Are you passionate about leading teams that are building solutions for our greatest national security challenges?
Are you searching for engaging work with an employer that prioritizes impact, innovation, and personal development?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our leadership team in the Information Sciences Branch of the Asymmetric Operations Sector!
We are seeking a project leader to help us build innovative solutions for challenges in national defense and healthcare. Our branch is currently making critical contributions in the fight against online misinformation, developing the first truly autonomous UAV, and in the public health response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our Covid 19 work has been recognized by Time Magazine as one of the "Best Inventions of 2020" and our team was named Fast Company's 2021 Innovative Team of the Year. We are looking for a project and technical leader to guide teams of engineers and software developers prototyping and operationalizing state of the art AI solutions for a variety of domains including, but not limited to, cyber operations, healthcare, information operations, and signal and video exploitation.
As an AI Project Leader:
- You will build and lead strong teams with APL scientists and engineers to develop and deliver effective AI and data science solutions to civilian and military sponsors
- You will lead the development of new research proposals to pursue high-risk, high-reward ideas and transition successes to real world impact
- You will combine your technical expertise and leadership experience to mentor and grow team members into future leaders
- You will build partnerships with scientists and engineers across APL, the other divisions of JHU, and the wider research community
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Possess a Doctorate or Juris Doctor degree along with current experience leading large DoD technical efforts.
- Have project management experience for DoD and Artificial Intelligence (AI) programs from concept development through execution and close out, and experience in business development and outreach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong analytical and organizational skills
- Hold a TS/SCI level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
- Can demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To ensure the safety and well-being of the community, APL has established a policy requiring that all staff be vaccinated against COVID-19. All staff members must provide proof of full vaccination or have an approved medical or religious accommodation by their start date.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at http://www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, occupation, marital or familial status, political opinion, personal appearance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
APL is committed to promoting an innovative environment that embraces diversity, encourages creativity, and supports inclusion of new ideas. In doing so, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including those with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact Accommodations@jhuapl.edu. Only by ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard are we empowered to be bold, do great things, and make the world a better place.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*