132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
This job has Expired
Medical Laboratory Technician
Working TitleMedical Laboratory Technician
Anticipated Hiring Range$52,000 - $56,000
Work ScheduleMonday-Friday, 8:15am-4:45pm; rotating Sat morning clinic
Job LocationRaleigh NC
About the Department
Essential Job Duties
- Interpret laboratory orders and perform lab tests and x-ray procedures requested by physicians and advanced practice providers.
- Provide lab results to aid physicians and advanced practice providers in making a diagnosis.
- Process lab results and reports for review by physicians and advanced practice providers.
- Provide lab results for any outside physician’s order.
- Use proper collection procedures to process, handle, and dispose of specimens properly; submit specimens to appropriate facility.
- Perform venipunctures.
- Properly order tests in Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Provide timely and accurate test results.
- Obtain accurate Proficiency Testing results as established by the American Proficiency Institute.
- View orders from providers in facility screen and perform tests when ordered.
High school diploma or equivalency and one year of laboratory experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Some positions may require compliance with current Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) Regulations.
Other Required Qualifications
- Graduation from a four year university with a degree in medical technology; or graduation from an associate degree program of medical laboratory technology with at least one year of experience.
- Knowledge of CLIA (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments) and COLA (Certificate of Label Approval) requirements.
- Skilled in use of laboratory equipment and in performance of procedures.
- General knowledge of the basic pathophysiological processes being monitored and how medical laboratory science is applied.
- General knowledge and/or experience in radiology
Required License or Certification
Valid NC Driver's License requiredNo
Commercial Driver's License Required?No
Job Open Date11/15/2022
Earliest Close Date---- (Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.)11/22/2022
Position Classification Band TitleMedical Laboratory Technician
Position Classification Band LevelAdvanced
Position Classification Salary Range$31,200 - $64,077
Salary Grade EquivalencyGN10
Full Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week)1.00
Appointment12 Month Recurring
Mandatory Designation - Adverse WeatherMandatory - Adverse Weather
Mandatory Designation - Emergency EventsMandatory - Fire/Explosions, Mandatory - Medical Emergencies, Mandatory - Hazardous Material Incidents, Mandatory - Transportation Accidents, Mandatory - Evacuations/Natural Hazards, Mandatory - Utilities/Infrastructure Failure, Mandatory - Threats of Violence/Terrorism/Interpersonal Emergencies
Time Limited PositionNo
Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?No
Department Id244030 - Campus Health Services
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*