132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
This job has Expired
Operating TitleHealth Consultant
Long Classification TitleEnvironmental Health and Safety Specialist
DepartmentKSC WorkWISE NH Program
Summary of Position
WorkWISE NH provides free, on-site consultive services to eligible employers throughout New Hampshire. Although these services are primarily targeted to small businesses with less than 250 employees, the program welcomes the opportunity to assist employers of any size. Whether an employer has a question about the safe use of a specific piece of equipment or is looking to establish a workplace safety program, highly qualified consultants are available to provide employers with such assistance. To learn about the WorkWISE NH program visit
Acceptable minimum level of educationBachelor's
Acceptable minimum years of experience1 year
Additional Job Information
• Letter of application addressing the above responsibilities
• Contact information for three (3) references
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until Wednesday, November 30, 2022.
Other minimum qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental health and safety or related discipline
- One year of related experience in Industrial Hygiene or related field
- Effective oral and written communications skills to interact and communicate environmental health and safety procedures to small business owners and employees
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with database systems
- Knowledge of laws concerning workplace health and safety
- Ability to prepare reports
- Ability to work effectively with managers, supervisors, and employees under stressful conditions
- Ability to respond promptly to and assess small business health & safety concerns in State of NH
- Ability to wear and use appropriate protective equipment as necessary
- Sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform duties and responsibilities of program
- Valid driver’s License and safe driving record
- Limited travel to attend required OSHA training and meetings.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s degree
- Five years related experience
- ASP, CSP, CIH or other designation provided by an authorized/accredited professional organization
- Additionally, the College has identified desirable qualifications that support our commitment to creating and maintaining a diverse campus community including the ability to speak a second language or to bring a multicultural perspective to the campus.
Quicklink for Postinghttps://jobs.usnh.edu/postings/52565
Percent Time Information (FTE)1.0
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. The University System is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or marital status.
Open Until FilledNo
Posting Open to Internal Candidates Only?No
Interested Internal Candidates Exist?No
Job CategorySalaried Staff (Exempt)
Appointment TypeGrant Funded
Drivers License and Physical Requirements. Please check all items that apply.Other - Valid Drivers License and safe driving record.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*