132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
This job has Expired
Tutor Non-Certified - Computer Science and Information Systems (Part Time)
Position TitleTutor Non-Certified - Computer Science and Information Systems (Part Time)
Open Internally or ExternallyExternal
If faculty, tenure track statusNot Applicable
Reports to (title)Computer Science Staff
DepartmentComputer Sciences and Information Sys (School of Business)-2D2
Job CategoryPart-Time Staff - Variable
Initial Work LocationTaylorsville Redwood Campus
Starting Salary$12.00 - $12.98
Job Open Date11/11/2021
Open Until FilledYes
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Tutors will provide individual or group tutoring to students needing help with homework.
- Tutors should be familiar with the syllabi for each class they cover, and be willing to work with faculty to ensure they are as effective as possible.
- Tutors may be required to go to workshops, regular tutor meetings, etc; and will be expected to fill out weekly reports on tutoring activities.
- Tutors should never do the student’s homework nor give line by line instructions to avoid creating dependency. The ideal tutor will answer specific questions, work on examples with students, and provide students with resources such as videos/readings/exercises/etc., so that students can build the skills needed to succeed on their own.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Tutors need to demonstrate good listening skills. Each tutor needs to be willing to listen carefully to students’ programming problems, and be capable of identifying the cause of their concerns/issues.
- Tutors will need to be able to effectively demonstrate and explain CSIS concepts without doing homework for students.
- The candidate should also be willing to work with faculty as needed.
Non-Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Tutors are encouraged (but not required) to enroll in the CRLA program.
- Please indicate on your resume if your work experience is full-time or part-time.
- Please also indicate which CSIS courses you are qualified/prepared to tutor (see link to course catalog in the job summary section).
SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*