132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
NC3 Capabilities Portfolio Management Team Lead
Do you have experience leading people, mentoring staff, and shaping technology solutions for nuclear command capabilities?
Are you passionate about using innovation and technology to solve technical challenges involving the strategic defense of the US?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL!
- Provide technical leadership in support of the Office of the Undersecretary of Defense for Acquisition and Sustainment, NC3 Capabilities Portfolio Management Directorate.
- Lead the team of JHU APL professionals providing on-site and reach back support for acquisition and resource oversight, integration, and coordination of DoD NC3 programs.
- Lead technical efforts, liaison with program sponsors, and DoD NC3 program leadership - Work will be on-site at the Mark Center, located in Alexandria, VA.
- Conduct acquisition risk management analysis of technical performance, schedule, and cost requirements, for NC3 portfolio programs and devise and implement standard methodologies for program and portfolio evaluation.
- Develop and evaluate risk mitigation options for actual and potential programmatic deficiencies.
- Conduct evaluation of alternative analysis to determine optimum methods to provide NC3 enterprise architectural capabilities.
- Provide technical justification support for resourcing deliberations in the DoD Planning, Programming, and Budgeting and Issue Paper processes.
- Participate in meetings and conferences relevant to NC3 Capability Portfolio Management on a local and national basis.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Possess at least a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or another related field.
- Have at least ten years of experience on supporting tasks associated with NC3, DoD acquisition, and DoD Command and Control or Communications projects.
- Have the ability to examine and analyze problems outside one's core area of expertise.
- Have excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to effectively lead and work within small or medium teams.
- Are able to represent the JHU APL effectively at the Senior Executive Service and Flag Officer level.
- Are willing and able to travel to Laurel, MD for periodic meetings.
Are able to obtain a Top Secret level security clearance by your start date and can ultimately obtain a TS/SCI level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
- Can demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To ensure the safety and well-being of the community, APL has established a policy requiring that all staff be vaccinated against COVID-19. All staff members must provide proof of full vaccination or have an approved medical or religious accommodation by their start date.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Possess a Master's degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or another related field.
Have at least fifteen years of relevant technical experience, including a strong background in NC3 and DoD acquisition.
Have experience working on and leading efforts for the Department of Defense.
Hold an active TS/SCI clearance.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, occupation, marital or familial status, political opinion, personal appearance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. APL is committed to promoting an innovative environment that embraces diversity, encourages creativity, and supports inclusion of new ideas. In doing so, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including those with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact Accommodations@jhuapl.edu. Only by ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard are we empowered to be bold, do great things, and make the world a better place.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*