Postdoctoral Associate- Cancer Biology
Title: Postdoctoral Associate- Cancer Biology
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
Work Location: Houston, TX
Salary Range: Up to $54,840
FLSA Status: Exempt
Requisition ID: 13511
The Yong Li Laboratory at Baylor College of Medicine is searching for highly motivated and talented postdoc candidates to work on Cancer Biology and Therapy. The positions will apply molecular, cellular, genetic, and immunological approaches to understand the mechanisms of cancer predisposition, initiation, and progression and to develop agents (compounds, antibodies, and vaccines).
The postdocs will function independently to investigate the underlying biology of cancer and develop therapeutic agents against mutant p53 and other oncoproteins using artificial intelligence, monoclonal antibodies, and DNA vaccines. The positions offer a unique team-based science environment with opportunities for significant education, training, and career development.
- Performs molecular and cell biology experiments such as cloning, cell culture, molecular analyses of genetic variants, flow cytometry, single-cell RNA sequencing, histology, imaging, Western blotting, and mouse models.
- Analyzes data and prepares manuscripts and presentations at local, national, and international conferences.
- Contributes as needed to the training of laboratory personnel, research technicians, clinical fellows, and graduate students.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Ph.D. degree in Cancer Biology, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, or a related biomedical field.
- Extensive experience in cancer-related experiments such as molecular and cellular assays, genetics and genomics, and mouse models.
- A strong record of peer-reviewed publications in biomedical research.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
CA; PD; SN
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*