Title: Postdoctoral Associate
Division: Obstetrics and Gynecology
Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Work Location: Houston, TX
Salary Range: $54,840
FLSA Status: Exempt
Requisition ID: 13795
We are seeking a talented, energetic, and highly motivated postdoctoral research associate to work in prenatal and developmental genetics translational research. The research program focuses on deciphering the genetic and epigenetic basis of birth defects and developmental disorders, developing and integrating new genetic and genomic diagnostic methods into prenatal care, and understanding how this impacts outcomes. The qualified candidate will participate in clinical and laboratory aspects of this research under the guidance of the principal investigator through human subjects research, studies in mouse models, and cell culture systems. The research laboratory is located in the state-of-the-art Duncan Neurological Research Institute at Texas Children's Hospital (TCH), and clinical research is conducted primarily at the TCH Pavilion for Women and other clinics.
- Designs and conducts experiments.
- Analyzes and critically interprets data.
- Prepares reports for presentation and publication, with the opportunity to learn new technologies.
- Participates in IRB protocol preparation, recruiting and consenting participants for research and conducting the clinical data, and applicable sample collection and result interpretation.
- Assists PI with communication with participants in IRB-approved research studies as needed, maintaining detailed and compliant records of enrolled subjects and research samples, processing of research samples.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Basic experience with basic laboratory techniques is desired but not required.
- Proficiency according to the level of training with experimental and clinical study design, compliant collection of research data, preparation, and analysis of data, detailed record recording of research data, including experience with electronic laboratory notebooks (ELNs).
- Maintaining computer database of research data; tabulating and displaying data for presentation in research conferences and manuscript preparation; using graphics and statistical software to analyze and present data.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office - Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, and Databases, graphics, and imaging software (e.g. Illustrator)
- Strong work ethic, ability to work collaboratively and productively with laboratory members and institutional partners, and problem-solving ability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
PD; CA; SN
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*