Title: Postdoctoral Associate
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
Work Location: Houston, TX
Salary Range: Up to $54,840
FLSA Status: Exempt
Requisition ID: 13522
The Department of Surgery at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking a candidate to assist the supervisor in translation of innovations from engineering to various clinical applications. Specifically, the Postdoctoral Associate will contribute in developing and translation of wearable and digital health technologies to quantify mobility and empower patients or their caregivers to be effectively engaged in health ecosystem. They will be responsible for assisting faculties and the interdisciplinary Consortium for Advanced Motion Performance (iCAMP) with the preparation of medical/health grant applications to federal and non-profit agencies.
The successful candidate will assist supervisor in translation of innovations from engineering to various clinical applications. Specifically, they will contribute in developing and translation of wearable and digital health technologies to quantify mobility and empower patients or their caregivers to be effectively engaged in health ecosystems. Additionally, the candidate will assist with collection of clinical and investigational human performance assessments within iCAMP and worldwide. The candidate will benefit from an excellent interdisciplinary environment at Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Medical Center with interdisciplinary collaboration with other institutions including Rice, VA Houston, and MD Anderson. They could contribute to promoting population health and wellbeing and transform personalized care and smart care delivery across patient population.
- Plans, directs and conducts specialized and advanced research experiments.
- Evaluates and analyzes data.
- Establishes new research protocols and procedures.
- Summarizes research findings and publish results in research journals.
- Assumes responsibility for laboratory operations.
- Supervises research staff.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- PhD in Computer Science, Biomechanics, Kinesiology, Electrical engineering, Biomedical engineering, Mechanical engineering or related fields.
- Matlab programming skills.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
CA; PD; SN
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*