Title: Postdoctoral Associate
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
Work Location: Houston, TX
Salary Range: Up to $55,224
FLSA Status: Exempt
Requisition ID: 13660
An NIH-funded postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Jianrong Tang, Department of Pediatrics-Neurology, Baylor College of Medicine. We use multidisciplinary approaches including ex vivo and in vivo electrophysiology, optogenetics, immunohistochemistry, and behavior to study the circuit mechanisms of cognitive and motor deficits in mouse models of neurological diseases. Recently, we have established deep brain stimulation as a focus to develop the therapy in the mouse models of Rett syndrome and CDKL5 deficiency disorder (see Hao et al, Nature, 2015; Lu et al., Neuron, 2016; Hao et al, J Neurosci, 2021). More information is available at: https://www.bcm.edu/people-search/jianrong-tang-31420
Applicants should submit a cover letter, research statement, curriculum vitae, and contact information of three referees to email@example.com, or apply online.
- Conducts whole cell patch and field recordings in brain slices.
- Performs mouse surgery and behavioral experiments
- Analyzes and presents experimental data.
- Handles literature and prepares manuscripts.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Self-motivated candidates should have a PhD degree (or equivalent) in neuroscience or related fields.
- Prior experience of electrophysiological recordings in brain slices is desired.
- Skills in MatLab or Python software are a plus.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
CA; PD; SN
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*