132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Academic Dean MSTB
Academic Dean MSTB
Full Job Description
The Academic Dean is an exceptional leader who demonstrates integrity, intellectual curiosity, effective team management, effective budget management, scholarly innovation, and a clear vision. The Academic Dean must be an excellent thinker, communicator, planner, faculty motivator and organizer who can develop, build, and maintain strong professional relationships, provide strategic leadership, participate as a member of the Collegeâ€™s administrative leadership team, support students, and represent the College in the community to external stakeholders. The Academic Dean reports to the campus Provost and regularly coordinates their work with the Vice President of Academic Affairs and Chief Academic Officer (VPAA/CAO). The Academic Dean is evaluated by the campus Provost with input from the VPAA/CAO and other college officials.
Duties and Tasks:
- Provides leadership for the preparation, management, and administration of a division budget and division facilities for a college campus.
- Supervises, evaluates, and develops faculty and staff in a campus division.
- Organizes and operates a campus division in accordance with all college policies, procedures, and guidelines as well as the applicable federal laws, state laws, and all Virginia Community College System (VCCS) policies and procedures.
- Provides leadership in pathway assessment and improvement or provides leadership in the assessment and improvement of an assigned college-wide area of academic importance.
- Works with students to address and resolve concerns regarding student success.
- Assists in the marketing of instructional programs, academic support activities, and targeted student success efforts.
- Serves on college committees, workgroups, and councils as assigned.
- Serves as a college liaison to external agencies, community organizations, and other constituencies and identifies. opportunities for innovation and academic growth that support the college mission and strategic plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Leadership and management within academic disciplines, and/or academic programs and/or a college-wide area of academic importance.
- Personnel management within an academic division for a college campus.
- Budget and facilities management within an academic division for a college campus.
- Collaboration with other college units to promote student success, retention, and completion goals aligned with the college mission and strategic plan.
- Collaboration with other campus units to ensure smooth operations and a supportive environment for students, faculty, and staff.
May be required to perform other duties as assigned. May be required to assist the agency or state government generally in the event of an emergency declaration by the Governor.
- Knowledge of budget planning and management practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of program evaluation and curriculum development.
- Knowledge of leadership and strategic planning principles.
- Knowledge of college policies, procedures, and accreditation processes.
- Ability to utilize campus resources including software and college learning management systems.
- Ability to exercise discretion and use sound judgement in decision making.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse community of faculty, staff and students.
- Skilled in written and oral communication.
- Skilled in monitoring, mentoring, and evaluating subordinates.
- Skilled in reviewing, interpreting, and using data to make decisions.
- Skilled in developing, implementing, and communicating college policies and procedures.
- Skilled in problem-solving, mediation, and working effectively with faculty, staff and students.
- A masterâ€™s degree from a regionally accredited institution in one or more of theÂ disciplines inÂ MSTB.
- Three years of full-time faculty equivalent teaching experience at post-secondary institution(s).
- Three years of administrator experience at a post-secondary institution.
- A terminal degree from a regionally accredited institution in one of theÂ disciplines inÂ MSTBÂ orÂ in higher education administration or related field.
- Four or more years of full-time teaching experience at a two-year post-secondary institution.
- Four or more years of administrator experience at a post-secondary institution.
We strive to ensure our employees have the tools and development opportunities to support and promote NOVAâ€™s mission.
The selected candidateâ€™s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of education, credit checks (relevant to employment). Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealthâ€™s Statement of Economic Interest. For more information, please follow this link: http://ethics.dls.virginia.gov/
The Virginia Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, political affiliation, veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors.
The VCCS is an EOE and Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Acts (ADA and ADAAA), VCCS will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in need of access to the application, interviewing and selection processes.
VCCS uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*