This job has Expired
Director of Philanthropy
Director of Philanthropy
Full Job Description
The Board of Directors and CEO seek an experienced development professional to oversee the following: major gift & annual philanthropy and fundraising events, with a focus on leadership & major gift prospect management.
The YMCA is a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. At the Y, we live our cause with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming and open to all. We are a place where you can belong. We are genuine and embrace individuality. We are hopeful and believe in an individual’s potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing and support each person in their journey to develop to their full potential. We are determined and, above all else, are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with YOU.
Requirements - Successful candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of experience in fundraising/fund development, public relations, leadership in the nonprofit sector, or in sales; combination of education and experience considered.
- Previous major gift experience during the time of a campaign required.
- Grant writing experience preferred.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills. A comfort level with in-person and/or virtual engagement is required.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office, Microsoft Publisher, and other windows-based software; experience with fundraising-specific software preferred.
Primary Responsibilities of the Director (not limited to the following):
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 100 major and principal gift prospective supporters and donors. Build & manage relationships, cultivate, and solicit gifts from constituents including community members, individuals, and families.
- Oversee all fundraising activities including annual and major gifts, fundraising events, as well as campaigns during planning, silent and public stages of such initiatives.
- The primary focus of this role is on major and principal gift relationship movement.
- Oversight of annual fund and event centered work will include a team of one Associate Director to execute this work.
- Campaign work will require regular partnership with the CEO and outside campaign counsel and articulation of initiatives to be funded and goals in written and oral form.
- Hold biweekly prospect moves management sessions with the CEO, Associate Director, Development or Campaign Committee members, engaged campaign consultants to strategize on top-tier prospect solicitations. Organize and track activity.
- Work jointly with related staff on special events to manage relationships with and solicit support from local businesses and corporations, and foundations as applicable. Direct the Associate Director in carrying out duties relative to event success. This role will maintain a priority on relationship building related to event planning, fundraising, and attendance. Represent the organization at certain events and in the community at the request of the CEO.
- Produce and deliver reports to internal leadership and Board of Directors, with the help of the Associate Director, demonstrating prospect and donor movement, annual & major gift goals, and progress on goals-to-date. Oversee the Assistant Director's management of the informational database to ensure clean, organized data, lists, reports, and prospect portfolios. o Campaign work will require regular reporting to the CEO and board in coordination with campaign consultants on progress and key activity.
- Work strategically with the Assistant Director to execute on grant opportunities from government sources, foundations, and corporations which are in alignment with strategic priorities and/or annual or campaign requests; the Assistant Director shall assume responsibility of organizing and tracking opportunities and deadlines with oversight by the Director, and this role shall serve as a lead in relationship building amongst foundation and corporation key contacts.
- Lead Work with Marketing and PR on production of all major development publications, focusing on relevant campaigns and leadership, top-tier relationships. Review written work executed by Associate Director.
This position is salaried / exempt / 12 months and includes off business hours (occasional evenings/weekends) as events or meetings dictate. Full health / medical / retirement / paid vacation benefits are available.
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths, and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
We accept resumes on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Expected start date is flexible. Resumes will be reviewed weekly. Competitive candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of resume submission to participate in a phone screen. Phone interviews may be conducted by engaged development consultants. Finalists will be invited for an interview on-site or virtually. We are unable to accept applications in any other manner than outlined here.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $120,000.00 - $140,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lake Worth, FL 33461: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*