This job has Expired
Web Application Tester
Are you an adaptable software tester looking to apply your skills and share your knowledge?
Do you enjoy applying your testing skills to web-based application development process?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL!
We are seeking a dynamic software tester to help us release and maintain a variety of web applications for our customers. We strive to foster an environment of collaboration and excellence. You’ll be joining a team seeking to provide first-class service to our clients. As a team member you will contribute to the mission of various departments within APL and external government agencies who require custom software.
As a software tester you will ...
- Guide the testing approach.
- Verify user stories and fixes.
- Work with web applications.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you…
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or related field or equivalent IT related training, certification, and professional years of work experience.
- Have 3+ years software testing experience.
- Have the ability to manage multiple priorities with high attention to detail.
- Have the ability to detail and describe software behavior to support analysis and resolution.
- Can work as the primary or sole tester as part of a multi-disciplinary project team.
- Can organize and present information effectively.
- Have outstanding teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Can demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To ensure the safety and well-being of the community, APL has established a policy requiring that all staff be vaccinated against COVID-19. All staff members must provide proof of full vaccination or have an approved medical or religious accommodation by their start date.
You’ll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you have …
- Software testing certification (ISTQB/ASTQB, CAST, BCS, TMMi, Six Sigma CSQE, etc.).
- Experience testing software within an Agile team environment.
- Experience with software test management tools and/or defect tracking tools.
- Competence with SQL query language and database structures.
- Knowledge of DevSecOps and Continuous integration / Continuous delivery practices.
- Creative problem solving and strong analytical capabilities.
- Skill with software usability concepts and/or User Experience Design techniques.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at http://www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, occupation, marital or familial status, political opinion, personal appearance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
APL is committed to promoting an innovative environment that embraces diversity, encourages creativity, and supports inclusion of new ideas. In doing so, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including those with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact Accommodations@jhuapl.edu. Only by ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard are we empowered to be bold, do great things, and make the world a better place.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*