132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Adult Basic Education Instructor - PT - LBJ
Statement of Primary Purpose
Teach Adult Basic Ed classes.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Enjoy working with adult learners and understand the different teaching principles needed to engage adults in the learning process.
- Ability to provide supportive instruction that increases basic education, motor skills, and communication skills.
- Provides learning activities for students that are functioning on different cognitive levels and have various learning styles.
- Maintain accurate records for each course taught.
- Assist in student retention and recruitment.
- Submit all college reports in an accurate timely fashion.
- Attend instructor and departmental meetings as scheduled.
- Be responsible for professional development and maintaining professional competence.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and others.
Bachelor's degree required.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to use computers and software to support instruction and maintain college records and reports required.
- Prior teaching experience of adult students of differing abilities preferred.
- A working knowledge of teaching adults and developmental education philosophy, as well as current teaching methods are preferred.
Software programs, routine office/computer equipment
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisory personnel. The College reserves the right to alte
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*