2023 PhD Graduate Software Engineering/ML/Data Scientist - Tactical Intelligence Systems = QAT
Are you searching for a place to build upon the foundation of your academic work?
Are you searching for engaging work with an employer that prioritizes impact, innovation, and personal development?
Are you looking for meaningful work in a driven intellectual environment?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL!
We are seeking recent PhD graduates to help us tackle the complex research, engineering, and analytical problems that present critical challenges to our nation. Our group is currently making critical contributions in, developing the first truly autonomous UAV, advancing research in computer vision and reasoning systems. We apply artificial intelligence (AI), reasoning, machine learning (ML) operations, data science, systems engineering, and more to solve urgent tactical problems. We support sponsors in defense, homeland security, and health care, conducting research to address critical challenges.
As a member of our team you will...
- Work with dedicated team members charged with developing and delivering solutions that support national priorities
- Work within a team environment and apply your skills to projects and tasks in areas such as Machine Perception, Intelligent Systems, Reasoning for Autonomy, Software Engineering, ML Operations, and Data Science
You will meet the minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Possess a PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related technical field
- Are able to obtain an Interim Secret clearance by your start date and can ultimately obtain a Top Secret level security clearance. If selected, a government security clearance investigation will need to be conducted and the requirements met for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
- Can demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To ensure the safety and well-being of the community, APL has established a policy requiring that all staff be vaccinated against COVID-19. All staff members must provide proof of full vaccination or have an approved medical or religious accommodation by their start date.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, occupation, marital or familial status, political opinion, personal appearance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
APL is committed to promoting an innovative environment that embraces diversity, encourages creativity, and supports inclusion of new ideas. In doing so, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including those with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact Accommodations@jhuapl.edu. Only by ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard are we empowered to be bold, do great things, and make the world a better place.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*