Do you enjoy working on challenging projects?
Are you skilled in customer service, problem solving and have a high attention to detail? Do you desire to collaborate on groundbreaking projects?
If so, we 're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a Program Analyst to help us execute the Force Projection Sector 's (FPS) diverse portfolio of projects. You 'll be joining a dedicated and enthusiastic team of business professionals that provides operational expertise across all phases of the project life cycle. As a member of our team, you will play an active role in our project teams by independently analyzing and addressing complex issues that require collaboration between programmatic, technical, and operations disciplines.
As a Program Analyst you will...
- Collaborate with Program Managers (PMs), Financial Managers (FMs) and Technical Leads to proactively monitor and report on program performance. Lead the development and maintenance of detailed project management plans, including providing detailed analysis regarding task dependencies and potential solutions to resolve project performance challenges.
- Work closely with project leads to collate program information into reports, presentations, briefs, and other deliverables. Use creativity to proactively generate intuitive, professional-level visuals representing programmatic statuses.
- Ensure program's contractual deliverables are compliant and submitted on-time by independently researching, compiling, composing, proofreading and ensuring proper security markings are applied on all program-related deliverables such as monthly, semi-annual and annual reports, briefings for program reviews, program management and sponsor meeting notes, and programmatic briefs and technical reports.
- Assist program management and technical contributors with the protection of classified program information per applicable government requirements. Apply derivative classification markings to program documentation. Interpret organization-wide security guidance and serve as a security liaison between the programs and APL security groups.
- Create and maintain quality-related documentation in the Lab 's Quality Management System (QMS), including Task Plans and drafting of program Risk Assessments.
You meet our minimum qualifications if you...
- Have a Bachelor 's Degree in a business, technical, or other relevant field.
- Have 5+ years of professional experience coordinating project operations.
- Proven ability to review and organize technical information and provide a critical review of documents for technical content and style while also being able to create presentations from existing material for high-level briefings.
- Possess strong communication skills with demonstrated experience in effectively communicating with all levels of management, military and government officials.
- Proven ability to be a self-starter with a high level of initiative and can effectively prioritize competing efforts and independently solve moderately complex problems.
- Are willing to travel occasionally and work in a closed area as needed.
- Are able to obtain Interim Secret level security clearance by your start date and can ultimately obtain Top Secret level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
- Can demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To ensure the safety and well-being of the community, APL has established a policy requiring that all staff be vaccinated against COVID-19. All staff members must provide proof of full vaccination or have an approved medical or religious accommodation by their start date.
You 'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you have...
- An Active Top Secret security clearance.
- A demonstrated proficiency in tracking, monitoring and updating program schedules, milestones and/or contract deliverables.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, occupation, marital or familial status, political opinion, personal appearance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. APL is committed to promoting an innovative environment that embraces diversity, encourages creativity, and supports inclusion of new ideas. In doing so, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including those with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact Accommodations@jhuapl.edu. Only by ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard are we empowered to be bold, do great things, and make the world a better place.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*