2023 Internship – Aerospace/Electrical Engineer - Space Systems Engineering
Are you interested in problem solving beyond the scope of the Earth?
Do you want to become an expert in space systems concepts?
If you are pursuing a degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other related disciplines and want to work in an exciting and collaborative environment to solve challenging space problems, we’d love to have you join our team!
We are seeking a space systems engineering intern to help us build and shape future and current space missions. For example: As a member of our team, you'll contribute to systems engineering tasks for the sector’s flight concepts and current programs. You will be joining a hardworking team of engineers who are passionate about space exploration. We strive to foster an environment of collaboration, inclusion, and diversity.
As a member of the Space Systems Engineering Group (SAS) in the Space Exploration Sector, your tasks may include …
- Mission, spacecraft, and payload systems engineering support
- Requirements and mission concept development
- System interface management
- System fault management
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Are pursuing a Bachelor’s in Aerospace engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or other relevant technical disciplines.
- Have had related coursework or practical experience in aerospace, electrical, and/or systems engineering.
- Can demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To ensure the safety and well-being of the community, APL has established a policy requiring that all staff be vaccinated against COVID-19. All staff members must provide proof of full vaccination or have an approved medical or religious accommodation by their start date.
- Are able to obtain a Secret level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You will go above and beyond if you...
- Have relevant and real-life experience in Aerospace engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or other relevant technical disciplines.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, occupation, marital or familial status, political opinion, personal appearance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
APL is committed to promoting an innovative environment that embraces diversity, encourages creativity, and supports inclusion of new ideas. In doing so, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including those with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact Accommodations@jhuapl.edu. Only by ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard are we empowered to be bold, do great things, and make the world a better place.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*