132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Culinary and Hospitality Full-Time Tenure Track Faculty
Culinary and Hospitality Full-Time Tenure Track Faculty
Full Job Description
Schedule Information:Â This position teaches a standard load of 15 credit hours per semester (30 credits per academic year). This may include release time to be given for chair/coordinator duties. Classes may be offered in day, evening, and/or online modalities. Instructors are also expected to hold weekly office hours on campus to be available for student support.
Weeks per fiscal year:Â Faculty are covered under a 9-month contract period (August thru May)
Benefits:Â Health, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance; Sick and Holiday pay; Personal Business; Educational Assistance: Tuition Waivers at Harper & Professional Expense
Position Description and Duties:
Harper College is one of the nationâ€™s premier community colleges and one of the largest, serving approximately 30,000 students annually in Chicagoâ€™s northwest suburbs. The Collegeâ€™s academic programs prepare students for rewarding careers and for transfer to four-year universities. Harper offers associate degree and certification programs, advanced career programs, workforce training, professional development, continuing education classes, accelerated degree options for adults and developmental education programs. In 2022, Harper also received the distinction of being recognized as a Top 25 semifinalist for the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence.
Harper College invites applications for a full-time tenure-track faculty position. This position will oversee our culinary and hospitality courses making sure we are covering concepts of the food and hospitality management industries, while focusing on the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion in our studentâ€™s educational experience. This position will serve as the Program Coordinator for the department. Program Coordinator responsibilities include promoting programs to district high schools, chairing departmental advisory committees, advising, outreach and recruitment. Candidates should possess expertise in culinary, food service and hospitality management.
Within this program, students can earn an AAS Degree in Hospitality Management-Food Service Operations Management or An AAS Degree in Hospitality Management-Hotel Operations Management. The program also offers four different certificates- three in Culinary Arts and one in Hospitality Management.
Responsibilities of the position:
- Teach courses in Food Service Management, including, but not limited to, Baking, Garde Manager, Hospitality Supervision, and Front Office Operations.
- Develop innovative curricula that provides students with relevant skills and knowledge that align with industry needs.
- Review and revise course materials and class offerings.
- Provide coordination for the department and advising on needed curriculum changes ensuring courses meet the Collegeâ€™s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Infuse technology into pedagogical approaches to teaching.
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry partners.
- Create internship opportunities for students.
- Develop curricula and program syllabi for the department
- Conducts program reviews
- Assist in the selection of software, equipment and instructional materials
- Work with advisors, staff, parents, and students to develop recruitment plan and monitor enrollment
- Collaborate with campus partners to promote program and assist with recruiting prospective students
- Assist in the development of print and digital marketing materials
- Accurately maintain state and federal records
- Maintain a positive, working relationship community and industry partners
- Meets with students, staff members, and other educators to discuss studentsâ€™ instructional programs
- Work diligently to maximize student placements in this field or related fields
- Chair departmental advisory committee
- Model and adhere to department sanitation and uniform standards
- Provide overall management of kitchen facilities
- Maintains good communication with Dean, Program Coordinator colleagues, industry partners and students
- Knowledge and familiarity with technology and software including computers, and web-based sources such as Blackboard
- Develop opportunities for student internships
- Sponsor an approved student leadership organization and/or promote student participation in competitive events
- May be responsible for organizing and managing culinary for the College and the community
- Deliver learner-centered instruction at a variety of times and locations in response to institutional needs and meet student data reporting deadlines
Other duties as assigned.
Educational Requirements:Â Bachelor's in hospitality management, event management, food service management, or related field and 3 years of teaching and/or work experience at a chef level or higher in a commercial kitchen or bakery within Hospitality or Food and Culinary Services area.
Experience Requirements:Â Applicants should have previous experience teaching culinary and hospitality management courses in college settings. Three consecutive years of experience at a chef or management level within the culinary and hospitality industry.
Preferred Requirements:Â Masterâ€™s degree in Culinary Arts or Hospitality Management from an accredited institution and 5 years of work experience at a chef or management level in a commercial kitchen or bakery.
Application Review Date:Â Applications are accepted until the position is filled though priority will be given to applications received on or before: December 2 2022
- You will not be able to complete the application without attaching the following documents:
- Cover letter
- CV/Resume (Does not substitute for completed application)
- Copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts from Regionally accredited institutions
- A one page single-spaced statement of your teaching philosophy. In your teaching philosophy, please include how you approach classroom management, how you assess students, and how you use instructional technology.
- Official transcripts required upon hire.
- Employment is contingent upon a Criminal Background Check
- Employment Sponsorship is not available
Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to create an inclusive learning and working environment where individual differences and identities are respected, valued and embraced. We encourage women, people from historically underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*