132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Biology, PT Faculty
Biology, PT Faculty
Full Job Description
BIO 201 (Human Anatomy & Physiology I) meets in-person M, W 8:30 am - 11:15 am at the Lone Tree campus.
Note: Future teaching assignments may include alternative delivery methods (such as hybrid or online instruction), day, evening, and weekend classes, and may be at multiple sites. Part-time faculty must be able to work collegially in a team environment. This is a temporary, non-benefits eligible position. Employment is determined on a course to course, semester to semester basis.
- Special note for any applicant who resides outside of the State of Arizona: If you are selected for a role with CCC and do not move to Arizona, your employment will be through Kelly Educational Services.
Hiring pay is $935 per load hour.
Applicants must attach official transcripts, Resume/CV, and certifications (if applicable). Additionally, the NeoGov application must also be completed.
Coconino Community College Diversity Statement
- Teach assigned courses, adhering to course outlines and student learning objectives.
- Prepare and implement syllabi in accordance with college procedures and course outline.
- Keep and submit all essential instructional records according to the College calendar including reporting grades and attendance.
- Notify Lead Faculty and Academic Scheduling Coordinator in case of absence from class. Work to find substitute to cover class when at all possible.
- Follow all college policies and procedures including information on Letter of Intent (semester contract).
- Respond to student inquiries in a timely manner.
- Utilize Learning Management System (Canvas) to at least the minimum threshold as indicated in college procedures.
- Check CCC email and respond to inquiries in a timely manner (within two business days).
- Attend college meetings as required. This includes New Faculty Orientation upon hire and a beginning of semester all faculty meeting.
- Participate in student assessment and relevant program and college-wide assessment as directed by the Dean or Provost.
- Remain current in practices, trends, and research related to discipline area.
- Follow the same accepted standards of conduct as the full-time faculty as described in applicable administrative procedures which relate to satisfactory service and conduct becoming a faculty member.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature or level.
Ability to teach assigned course effectively. Knowledge of the subject area, computer and related technology (including Learning Management System). Ability to maintain professional ethics and confidentiality of students and staff. Ability to support and promote the mission, values, purposes, and strategic plan of the College. Ability to work in a culturally diverse and team environment. Ability to integrate subject area with other related curricula. Knowledge of the applicable state and federal laws, such as Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Master's Degree in the Discipline Area OR
- Master's Degree in any Discipline and at least 18 graduate level (500 level) credits in Biology.
Please see specific College procedure on minimum credential requirements by clicking the link provided:
https://www.coconino.edu/resources/files/pdfs/presidents-office/policies-and-procedures/300-399/310-01.pdf (Download PDF reader)
- Official transcripts are required to be submitted prior to any formal interview.
Enthusiasm for teaching and learning, and willingness to share excitement with CCC community. Commitment to student success. Experience teaching in a higher education setting. Experience working with diverse students and colleagues. Bilingual. Experience using learning management systems.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*