Fine and Performing Arts, Adjunct Faculty
- Class Description
Part Time instructor positions available in the Performing Arts & Humanities, teaching Introduction to Fine Arts and Performing Arts (FAPA 101). Introduction to Fine and Performing Arts introduces students to the basic elements, principles, processes, materials, and inherent artistic qualities of music, dance, theater, film, and the visual arts. Through the exploration and study of representative works in each art form, and by attending live performances and art exhibits, students will learn to appreciate, compare, and critique works of art. Located on CCBC main campuses and extension centers.
Adjunct Level 1 - $935 per credit hour
- Minimum Requirements
- Masters in fine or performing arts or humanities; or qualifying equivalency/portfolio and successful experience as a practitioner in the field
- Two (2) years teaching experience, at a college level preferred
- Experience working with non-traditional and diverse student populations preferred
- Experience using classroom technology and learning management systems preferred
- Proficient computer skills and Microsoft applications knowledge
- Class Specific Essential Duties
- Fulfills department and college responsibilities as directed by the program director and/or course coordinator.
- Abides by College wide policies and procedures regarding classroom conduct.
- Employs a variety of teaching strategies to meet a diverse student population.
- Adheres to the scheduled time of class/lab.
- Develops a course syllabus that is in keeping with program and College policies.
- Ensures that program specific evaluation methods are administered and completed in a consistent and equitable manner.
- Assure that evaluation methods are appropriate and effectively assessing the established course objectives.
- Monitors student performance on a regular basis and provides feedback within a reasonable timeframe to students.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*