132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Full Job Description
The Program Manager is responsible for developing, managing and implementing a community engagement strategy for the Alzheimer’s Association within defined markets of opportunity. Engagement will include but is not limited to relationship building strategy, outreach, and associated program coordination and delivery. The successful candidate will be an ambassador for the organization at the same time have a solid hand on the operational work. This position will also oversee the delivery of grant-funded programs and services in a nine-county area. We are looking for a leader with a strong program management, community leadership, relationship building, data analytics and administrative background.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build relationships with community relationships to ensure appropriate referrals from community agencies on aging, departments of health, and other non-profit service providers and related health care and social service providers in the Rochester and Finger Lakes Region area with emphasis on minority, high-risk, and underserved populations.
- Plans and delivers Community Forums and needs assessments across the nine-county region to assess/identify needs, service gaps, and potential solutions and deliver outreach/education presentations in-person and virtually to community stakeholders including but not limited to medical providers, pharmacists, first responders, faith-based organizations, non-profits and government agencies to ensure that the community-at-large understands Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, the importance of early diagnosis, and the benefits of utilizing Alzheimer's Association services.
- Provides supervision and guidance to volunteers and support staff in conducting activities related to community engagement and chapter outreach initiatives.
- Develops and manages work plans for grant programs that meet the needs of the designated territory, the requirements of the granting agency, ensures follow-through on program plans, data tracking, on-going program development, expansion of programs and evaluation systems aligned with the Association's strategic plan.
- Work intensively with the development department to create and support a cultivation plan for constituents and companies, providing education and awareness around Alzheimer’s disease and Alzheimer’s Association services and proactively and collaboratively work with chapter staff to support the Alzheimer’s Association’s vision, mission, core values and strategic goals to promote Association programs such as The Longest Day, Walk to End Alzheimer’s, TrialMatch, Advocacy, and other special events.
- Ability to organize, manage, and evaluate multiple activities and services. Outstanding organizational skills and follow-through. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, volunteers, and other community agencies.
- Excellent data analysis and writing skills.
- Exceptional command of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Google applications (Gmail, Google Drive, Sheets, Docs, Slides).
- Familiarity with constituent databases/client management systems.
- High level of integrity, diplomacy, and initiative.
- Self-directed and flexible with exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to take feedback, work independently as well as work as a member of a team.
- Goal-oriented, motivated to achieve all key performance indicators (KPI’s).
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in public health, public administration or a related discipline.
- Master’s preferred or equivalent experience.
- Ability to carry up to 25lbs of equipment and supplies.
- Must be able to sit at desk for extended periods of time.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and ability to travel by car throughout the nine-county region.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
JOB TITLE: Program Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Community Engagement
LOCATION: Rochester, NY
STATUS FT - 37.5 hrs/wk
GRADE: 205 Exempt
Who We Are
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia- by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,900 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease
A world without Alzheimer's and all other dementia.™
At the Alzheimer's Association®, we believe that diverse perspectives are critical to achieving health equity — meaning that all communities have a fair and just opportunity for early diagnosis and access to risk reduction and quality care. The Association is committed to engaging underrepresented and underserved communities and responding with resources and education to address the disproportionate impact of Alzheimer’s and dementia.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, long term care insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous Paid Time Off, 12 annual holidays and Paid Family Leave, as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day and an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,300.00 - $58,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Rochester, NY 14618
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*