132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Dean of Continuing Education and Workforce Development
Dean of Continuing Education and Workforce Development
Full Job Description
Bergen Community College Continuing Education and Workforce Development Division teaches for todayâ€˜s necessary skills and tomorrowâ€™s innovation, offering students of all ages learning opportunities to support their interests as well as their everâ€“evolving careers. The Dean of Continuing Education and Workforce Development is a college leader who collaborates closely with Program Supervisors, other college Deans, instructors and the community at large in the development, implementation and evaluation of new and existing programs and services. This position is responsible for assessment activities, reviews facility requirements and budgets for the division in order to achieve continuous improvement in the Division of Continuing Education and Workforce Development. Together with the Executive Director, serves as a liaison with the academic divisions, the community, government, law enforcement, public schools, and corporate, public and nonâ€“profit organizations, promotes the Division of Continuing Education and the College. The Dean will also promote best practices in data management and reporting which in-turn lead to the implementation of data informed initiatives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leads the development of pedagogical techniques and instructional objectives to drive goal development related to student success in divisional courses and programs.
- Serves as a liaison with the academic divisions, the community, government and law enforcement, public schools, and corporate, public and non-profit organizations; promotes Continuing Education and the College.
- Supervises the registration and related financial functions (student accounts, AR, invoicing, payroll, reimbursement) for the Division; oversees the preparation and submission of payrolls within assigned programs.
- Prepares closeout audits for each course offering and for the signature of the Executive Director, prepares and submits financial and programmatic reports to co-sponsoring and collaborating agencies.
- Develops, supervises and assesses non-credit programs in assigned areas; recommends and approves related instructional materials and equipment.
- Promotes a robust culture of presentation/storytelling and data informed decision making.
- Actively seeks external funding (grants and donations) and community partners to support student success and program development and maintenance.
- Assesses community needs and recommends programs to meet identified areas of demand, working with the academic divisions to create stackable credentials where applicable.
- Supervises, provides support and/or direction to assigned program supervisors, coordinators, administrative assistants, instructors, panelists, seminar and workshop leaders and others in carrying out their respective duties for non-credit programs; evaluates all program personnel.
- Directs the preparation of schedules, marketing and publicity for programs, courses, workshops, seminars, and other non-credit events.
- Attends workshops, courses, meetings and other activities to further divisional objectives.
- Implements College and divisional policies and procedures.
- Develops a set of core outcomes for unit and measures and tracks annual performance against objectives, prepares and submits annual assessment report to the designated office; and fully engages with the Collegeâ€™s Outcomes Assessment Program.
- Serves on the Presidentâ€™s Management Team and other appropriate college committees. Actively supports college activities and promotes staff engagement.
- Prepares, track, monitors and adheres to an annual budget; prepares cost projections for all activities, programs and courses and approves work orders and purchase requisitions.
- Acts as performance manager for all direct reports including managing day to day performance, producing and communicating written performance evaluations, approving requested time off and other points of compliance with HR rules, regulations and unit collective bargaining agreements.
- Serves as a liaison between Continuing Education and the Office of Research and Institutional Effectiveness and assists Continuing Education with data analysis on student and programming success.
- Subject to senior management review and final Board of Trustees approval, has the responsibility, power and authority to hire, fire and discipline and promote employees.
- Performs additional tasks or duties as assigned by the Executive Director, Continuing Education and Workforce Development or other designated management.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Annual Salary ranges from $90,000-$104,000.
- NJ Educators Health Plan with free Vision and Dental. NJ State Pension plan.
- 23 vacation days, 16 sick days, 5 personal days, 2 floating holidays, all designated holidays and 5 non-designated holidays a year. 5 Partial Sick Days.
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities for staff and their family 6 months after hire.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS:
Demonstrates understanding of the community college mission and practices an openâ€“door policy. Strong knowledge essential in pedagogy and assessment needed to drive goal development and implementation related to student success. Ability to collaborate with community and college partners. Strong financial ability needed to manage the budget and grant responsibilities. Must be competent in the areas outlined in the major responsibilities noted in the job description for the Dean of Continuing Education and Workforce Development. Technology skills are essential, with proficiency required in the use of the Microsoft Office, Google Suite and online learning management systems.
Exhibits strong skills in:
- Managing people and their performance
- Customer and Student Focus
- Building Relationships
Education:Â Masterâ€™s Degree required
Experience:Â Minimum of 7 years of experience in program development and coordination of nonâ€“credit courses, including workforce training and economic development. Prefer supervisory experience and background in working with community organizations and outreach programs. Business experience preferred but not required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $104,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Paramus, NJ 07652: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*