132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Research Faculty Transition & Integration Coordinator
Research Faculty Transition & Integration Coordinator
Full Job Description
The Research Faculty Transition and Integration Coordinator is responsible for executing research-based faculty onboarding, integration, and off-boarding activities. Provides an assortment of concierge services to new faculty members including move coordination, equipment management, lab planning, recruiting staff, assisting with IRB/IACUC/IBC protocol development and submission, and ensures faculty member is familiar with available resources at NCH. This position implements strategies to accelerate time to productivity and improves the faculty experience by ensuring smooth and seamless transitions. The Research Faculty Transition and Integration Coordinator will identify and recommends new program initiatives and interventions to enhance the effectiveness of activities.
Why Nationwide Children's Hospital?:
The moment you walk through our doors, you feel it. When you meet our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Where Passion Meets
Here, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are integrated into our core values and practices. We are passionate about building, sustaining and evolving an inclusive and equitable environment. We are seeking individuals who live these values and want to share their experiences and efforts in support of our collective mission.
We’re 14,000 strong. And it takes every one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids around the world we’ll never meet. Kids who live healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
- Establishes and maintains engagement with new faculty member from date of signed offer letter through first 12 months of employment.
- Prior to arrival:
- Sends PI onboarding survey to new faculty member and ensures completion.
- Distributes relevant survey information to administrative staff.
- Meets with the assigned administrative assistant for the new faculty member and completes Onboarding Task Distribution checklist to clarify who is responsible for each onboarding task.
- Coordinates assigned aspects of the faculty move, involves relevant NCH staff as needed.
- Organizes the moving of equipment and materials from former location to NCH.
- Concierge service upon arrival:
- Physical set-up of lab (including a needs assessment for equipment and consumables and assisting with purchasing of these materials). Provides suggestions for lab layout and design.
- Provides information to updates Asset Management database with accurate information regarding equipment moved to NCH, including any purchased with NIH funds.
- Assists faculty member with staff recruitment if desired – works with HR to post jobs, reviews resumes, conducts initial interviews.
- Assists with budget planning – establishes faculty/Research Business Coordinator relationship.
- Assists with setting up necessary lab-related systems – lab notebook management/electronic lab notebook, freezer logs, reagent inventory, animal husbandry spreadsheets, supply ordering system, etc.
- Integration services
- Reviews the AWRI Integration Map/Timeline with the faculty member.
- Assists faculty member with identifying required institutional training and loading curriculum into to-do lists. Follows up and ensures training completion in a timely manner.
- Provides education/training to the faculty member on topics such as protocol submission (IRB, IACUC, IBC). Works with faculty to ensure submission in a timely manner.
- Facilitates interaction between faculty and Human Resources to answer any questions related to benefits and payroll.
- Develops and implements new hire onboarding process/training systems for the laboratory.
- Facilitates interaction between faculty and designated administrative assistant to clearly define expectations and to educate on available services.
- Ensures faculty member is aware of available IT resources at NCH, including data storage.
- Familiarizes faculty member with the Center for Faculty Development and other professional development resources.
- Acts as a point of contact for the faculty member during their first year
- Prior to arrival:
- Working with NCH marketing, provides all content needed for the creation of a laboratory webpage for new faculty. Assists marketing in collecting content for existing laboratories as well to ensure a consistent experience for visitors to the AWRI website.
- Assists with a faculty welcome orientation day held monthly or quarterly to welcome new faculty with research interests and educates them on polices, resources and culture.
- Off boarding:
- Opens faculty off boarding portal upon notification of research faculty resignation.
- Communicates with departing faculty member about portal resources and off boarding requirements.
- Facilitates and schedules any needed off boarding/transition meetings.d. Works with Purchasing and Asset Management to compile an accurate list of equipment. Works with Research Administration to determine what equipment transitions with the faculty member and what stays. Coordinates with Asset Management to tag all equipment as “stay” or “go”.
- Responsible for ensuring completion of all relevant off boarding tasks via the off boarding portal.
- Works with Research Facilities to coordinate the move date.
- Supervises the laboratory move.
- Lab manager training – develops training and resources designed to provide and support lab management skills. Facilitates training sessions for new and existing staff.
- Creates and fosters a community of lab managers at AWRI and provides professional development opportunities. 6. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field.
- 5-7 years’ biomedical research experience, preferably in an academic wet lab environment.
- 2+ years’ experience in laboratory management and/or having management responsibilities such as training new staff, ordering, establishing lab systems, managing budgets, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, organize and prioritize tasks, manage details and implement a project from initial concept to completion.
- Customer service oriented with the ability and desire to engage with diverse audiences in a positive and welcoming manner.
- Ability to learn new science content and adapt programs/processes to provide relevant services.
- Experience with IRB, IACUC, and IBC protocol creation, submission, and management preferred.
- Previous experience hiring and directly supervising and managing staff preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and to adapt to changes and shifts in priorities.
- Professional, positive demeanor and ability to work collaboratively across the organization.
- Strong relationship building skills along with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in development and facilitation of training materials and programs preferred.
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft office products and ability to learn other technical software programs.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*