Student Accts Sr. Rep (LVL 5)
Student Accounts, Rose Hill
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841, Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
- Fordham University offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to its employees, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance.
- We offer tuition remission for employees and their dependents.
- A generous immediate employer match towards a 403(b) retirement plan.
- As a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC), Fordham is considered a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program, a federal program designed to forgive student loan debt for employees of certain public and certain nonprofit employers.
- As part of its work-life balance program, the University provides generous PTO including 15 vacation days, 12 sick days, 2 personal days, 6 summer Fridays, and holidays that include paid time off between Christmas and New year.
- University employees have access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). EAP provides no-cost, professional, and confidential services, to help employees and family members address a variety of personal, family, life, and work-related issues.
Enrollment/Student Accounts Senior Representative
- Handles telephone, in person and written inquiries for Financial Aid, Student Accounts, Academic Records, and Admissions.
- Reviews student accounts to determine accuracy of charges, financial aid disbursements and verifies credit validity.
- Advises students about required forms/documents and how to properly provide the information.
- Adjusts student accounts according to registration status changes or special circumstances.
- Assists students with various self-service online processes through my.fordham.edu.
- Releases financial holds in keeping with University procedures.
- Meets with students as needed to discuss financing options and when necessary special payment arrangements.
- Produces and prints reports for all university databases, as well as Lockbox, EFT, and Credit Card machines
- Processes tuition credit card, cash and check payments.
- Responsible for cash management and overall supervision of reconciliation process.
- Helps instruct students, faculty and staff on the use of web services, and other office technologies.
- Works in a team environment to provide customer service and ensure completion of tasks in a timely manner.
- Acts as a mentor for new employees.
- Employee is expected to rotate between the phone and Enrollment Services counter and to rotate work hours: 9-5, 10-6. Overtime required, may include weekends and holidays. Must be able to travel to and work at the other Fordham campuses when needed.
- Assists other Offices of the Enrollment Group as needed.
- Uses Slate, OnBase, Banner, PowerFaids, CRM, Microsoft Office and other databases.
- As technological improvements are made, duties and qualifications may be modified.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma required. Some college preferred.
- 1-2 years’ experience in Enrollment Services or related office preferred.
- Cashier experience preferred
- Customer Service Oriented, with professional phone etiquette
- Good interpersonal, social and organizational skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor required
- Ability to listen to and decipher questions and problems; must have patience and be able to defuse a difficult situation
- Ability to handle confidential material and work well with others under pressure and constraints
- Experience with Banner, Slate, PowerFaids is a plus. Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Mandatory Competency Testing
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
Minimum Biweekly Salary for All Others: $1991.32
Maximum Biweekly Salary for All Others: $1991.32
FLSA CATEGORY: Non-Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
APPLY HERE: https://careers.fordham.edu/postings/4090
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*