Adjunct Instructor - Political Science
Type of Position:
Less than Annual Appointment (Fixed Term)
University of Arkansas Pulaski Technical College
University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College at North Little Rock is an integral part of the Arkansas Technical and Community College System maintained by the State of Arkansas. The college is governed by the University of Arkansas System Board of Trustees and a seven-member Board of Visitors and derives its support largely from student tuition and fees and legislative appropriations.
UA - Pulaski Tech, a comprehensive two-year college, offers associate degree and certificate programs for students who plan to transfer to four-year colleges and universities and/or for career preparation and advancement. Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply link/button.
For general application assistance or if you have questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources at (501) 812-2839.
Summary of Job Duties:
This positions require teaching 15 credit hours at the undergraduate level per semester. Other responsibilities of these positions include:
ï‚§ Actively and consistently participating in orientations and professional development workshops.
ï‚§ Establishing and maintaining positive, collaborative working relationships with students, colleagues and staff.
ï‚§ Demonstrating a willingness to use contemporary educational techniques and technology.
ï‚§ Utilizing syllabus, timeline of class curriculum and other information to present information in a timely manner for the success of students.
ï‚§ Arranging for the acquisition and preparation of appropriate materials and equipment in a timely manner necessary to meet course objectives.
ï‚§ Providing prompt and accurate records of assessments and final grade reports.
ï‚§ Providing prompt and friendly responses to student emails and inquiries as needed.
Other responsibilities of this position include:
â€¢Â Â Â Active participation in non-instructional campus responsibilities such as college and departmental initiatives, committee work, curriculum planning, assessment of student learning, and professional development.Â
â€¢Â Â Â Development of assessment of student learning and departmental programs.
â€¢Â Â Â The ability to establish and maintain positive, collaborative working relationships with students, colleagues and staff.
â€¢Â Â Â Ability and willingness to use contemporary educational techniques and technology.
â€¢Â Â Â Candidates for these positions must possess a thorough knowledge of the teaching field, a commitment to high academic standards, a dedication to student success, and excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.Â
- A masterâ€™s degree with at least 18 graduate hours in political science or law.
- Candidate will be required to teach in multiple disciplines.Â
- Degree must be conferred before August 1, 2022.
- The successful candidates will possess competence and experience to develop, revise, implement and assess the curriculum to ensure that students are acquiring current knowledge, including familiarity with technology used in classroom settings.Â
- The ability to utilize web-based educational technology is expected.
- Candidates must have flexibility to teach day, evening, and weekend classes. Â Teaching assignments may also include off-campus sites and involve alternative delivery methods.
- Maintenance of office hours and participation in non-instructional campus activities is also required.Â
- Two yearâ€™s education teaching experience, preferably in a community college setting involving a diverse student body, is required.
- Preference will be given to candidates who are able to provide evidence or show potential for effective teaching and demonstrate an ability to work with diverse populations.
- The ability/qualifications to teach additional classes within humanities as well as the possession of a terminal or doctorate degree will be of added advantage.
Commensurate with education
Required Documents to Apply:
Cover Letter/Letter of Application, Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial/Official Transcript(s)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Recruitment Contact Information:
All application materials must be uploaded to the University of Arkansas System Career SiteÂ https://uasys.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/UASYS Â
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
Criminal Background Check
University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College is committed to providing a safe campus community. Title IX protects the college community from sexual harassment in a school's education programs and activities. This means that Title IX protects the college community in connection with all academic, educational, extracurricular, athletic, and other programs of the school, whether those programs take place in a school's facilities, in college transportation, at a class or training program sponsored by the school at another location, or elsewhere.
No person at the University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College will, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied benefit of, or be subjected to sex discrimination, sexual harassment, or sexual misconduct under any education program or activity.
We conduct background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include a criminal background check and a sex offender registry check. For certain positions, there may also be a financial (credit) background check, a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check, and/or drug screening. Required checks are identified in the position listing. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Constant Physical Activity:
Frequent Physical Activity:
Occasional Physical Activity:
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*