132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
This job has Expired
Vice President of Business Affairs
Full Job Description
Seward County Community College (SCCC) is a two-year institution offering 45 programs of study, including Adult Basic Education, certificate programs and Associate of Arts, Science, General Studies and Applied Sciences degrees. Ranked in the top 5% of more than 1,100 accredited community colleges in the U.S. by the Aspen Institute, SCCC serves a student body of 2,500+ students ranging in age from 15 to 85, in a county with the highest foreign-born percentage population in the U.S., and a rural service area of about 50,997 in seven Southwest Kansas counties as well as neighboring counties in southeastern Colorado, the Oklahoma and Texas Panhandles.
The purpose of this role is to be an effective leader of the finance and accounting functions of the college. This involves engagement in planning, implementation, and oversight of financial matters. The Vice President of Business Affairs a is team-oriented professional who openly models a commitment to the mission of SCCC.
- Responsible for maintaining and enhancing the college's financial and accounting system controls and standards. Directs all financial activities and accounting practices for the School. Oversees the operations of the business office, including student billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, purchasing, risk management, and all banking activities.
- Oversees the capital planning efforts of the College. works in collaboration with the College President and the Chief Information Officer. Develops statistical reports on financial conditions and coordinates the ongoing development of our expenditures budget.
- Ensures compliance with all relevant federal statutes, regulations and policies related to our status as a community college. Ensures compliance state and local statutes and regulations.
- Manages preparation, presentation, and approval of the annual operating and capital expenditure budgets, to oversee the disbursement of funds and to report and provide cash flow information to College President and Board of Trustees. Provides input to long-range planning to establish and execute the long-term goals of the College.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the College President
**The successful candidate must be willing to relocate and became acculturated to the community and demographic flavors of the rural Midwest. **
A Master's degree is required. CPA required. At least 5 - 7 years' experience in governmental accounting.
Competitive salary. Participation in college Flexible Benefits program which includes options for single and family health and dental coverage, optional insurances, and reimbursement accounts. Other benefits include: income protection insurance; matching annuity; SCCC tuition reimbursement for employee and dependents; annual and sick leave allowances and participation in social security (FICA) and state retirement programs (KPERS).
Salary Range:Â Salary commensurate of education and experience
Position Status:Â Full-time
Application Priority Deadline:Â 11-18-2022
Start Date:Â 12-01-2022
- We regret that the College is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status.
- Successful applicant will be required to pass a criminal background check prior to employment.
- Separate application required for additional or future openings.
Â Applications may be emailed toÂ firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 620-417-1124 or mailed. Direct inquiries to Human Resources at 620-417-1123.
How to Apply
To be considered, all of the following materials must be submitted to the address below:
- Completed and signed Seward County Community College application.
- Cover Letter
- Job-related resume including contact information for three professional references.
- Copies of transcripts from highest post-secondary institution (unofficial are accepted) and copies of any relevant certifications, if applicable.
**If employed, official transcripts will be required within 30 days. (Foreign transcripts must be translated and evaluated to determine equivalency to U.S. standards).
If any of the required materials are not submitted with your application packet, your application will be deemed incomplete and will not be forwarded to the committee for screening. Please notify Human Resources if you require any special accommodation(s) in meeting these requirements.
Human Resources Office
VP of Business Affairs
Seward County Community College
PO Box 1137
Liberal KS 67901-1137
More information about Seward County Community College can be found atÂ www.sccc.edu
The search committee will conduct all minimum qualification appraisals as set forth on the position announcement and job description and reserve the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant an interview. Applicants selected for an interview will be notified of the time and place of the interview. Interviews are usually conducted on campus by the search committee. Additional interviews and/or teaching demonstrations may be required.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free Campus
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*