This job has Expired
Assistant Professor of Biology: Fairburn
Full Job Description
The Fairburn campus of Georgia Military College is accepting applications for a full-time Assistant Professor in the Biology discipline. GMC operates on an accelerated quarter system offering five terms per year. This is a full-time, annually renewable faculty position with a teaching load of 18 credit hours per quarter (Fall 1, Fall, Winter, and Spring). The contract period is for twelve months. Teaching is not required during the summer term, but faculty who teach in the summer are compensated additionally in accordance with the adjunct faculty pay scale. The position includes regular evening teaching assignments to support the needs of non-traditional students. The position may require teaching courses in a variety of modalities, including but not limited to In-seat, Hybrid, Remote Learning, as well as traveling to High School Campuses to teach GMC students. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. The ideal candidate will carry the graduate level coursework/credentials to teach all English courses in the GMC English curriculum, in addition to carrying the graduate level coursework/credentials required to teach GMC courses in a second academic discipline.
The review process will commence immediately and continue until the necessary positions have been filled.
Application packets must include:
- Curriculum vita or resume
- A statement of teaching philosophy
- A completed GMC application
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended
- Three letters of recommendation.
"While "military" remains part of our name and is an important part of our history, modern-day GMC is a typical community college. There are no military obligations for our students or employees."
Georgia Military College employees are required to enroll in direct deposit as the institution does not issue paychecks. New hires will be required to upload account information for direct deposit within the onboarding process prior to their start date. Employees have the ability to add, remove, and change account information within their Paycom Employee Self-Service portal.
- Criminal background check and Drug Screen must be cleared before any candidate may begin working.
Georgia Military College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- A Masters degree in Biology or a Masters degree and 18sh or 30qh of graduate course work in Biology.
- Two or more years of teaching experience.
- Experience teaching freshman and sophomore level Biology courses; experience teaching in a community college environment is preferred.
- Master's Degree is required and a Ph.D. is preferred.
- Applicant must be willing to teach day, evening, and/or weekend courses. Contracts are for up to 12 months; renewable upon availability of classes and satisfactory job performance.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*