Position TitleGrants Specialist*
Internal Position TitleGrants Specialist*
DepartmentBiological & Hlth Sciences Div
The College of Lake County (CLC) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences. The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of one year in grant and/or budget tracking, customer service, administrative support or related work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Grant support experience in higher education
- Budgeting experience.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
Special Instructions Summary
Interviews may begin November 14th and continue through the close of this posting.
Total Hours per week40
Software Testing RequiredExcel, MS Word
Interview Process RequirementsNone
Summary of Essential Functions
- Create, implement, and monitor grant activities associated with the PATH grant.
- Draft components of grant project plans and reports for submission to stakeholders.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to interpret grant, project grant activities, and implement grant initiatives.
- Interpret grant activities and initiatives for placement in appropriate fiscal categories.
- Work with program coordinator to determine if funds exist to run programs.
- Ensure all expenditures and tracked and are appropriately recorded.
- Consult with program coordinator in decisions regarding student stipends
- Conduct evaluations of grant projects to interpret the level of effectiveness against established criteria.
- Collaborate with program coordinators to prepare and submit quarterly reports on grant to program coordinators and Illinois Community College Board.
- Monitor budgetary items through the stages of approval to purchase to implementation.
- Maintain accurate records of projects/department activities and financials associated with grant.
- Ensure all expenditures are appropriately recorded.
- Analysis planned budget compared with actual expenses on regular basis.
- Submit request for budget modifications as needed.
- Process vendor payments as needed.
- Work with other financial offices to coordinate grant needs.
- Assist program coordinator in decisions regarding distribution of funding and supplies to support student completion
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*