Full Job Description
EPS SEARCHES FOR NEXT EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
(Omaha, NE) – Essential Pregnancy Services (EPS), a faith-based, pro-woman non-profit in Omaha, NE, is seeking a full-time Executive Director. The ideal candidate will bring vision, wisdom, compassion, joy, patience, a love for Jesus and a heart of service, to lead EPS into the next big phase of growth.
With its 50th anniversary approaching in 2023, EPS is perfectly positioned to meet the needs of women with its life-affirming pregnancy care and human services during pregnancy and beyond. The next EPS leader will oversee the agency’s vision, champion women’s health initiatives, and fearlessly advocate for life - both born and unborn - from the moment of conception. The reward will be lives transformed and saved. You now can view and download the Executive Director job description, or access it at friendsofeps.org.
Since 1973, EPS has met the immediate pregnancy concerns and needs of women with compassionate services in a safe, peaceful, and non-judgmental environment. What began as a single location with two part-time employees is now a network of three centers in the metro Omaha area – Benson, Maple Village and Bellevue – providing support to women during pregnancy and longer-term.
The financial outlook for EPS is very bright. EPS is generously supported by individuals, families, businesses, foundations, schools and churches in our community and beyond. The stability that has grown in the last several years has been a huge affirmation that God is at work and ready to move EPS forward in new and exciting ways.
EPS has an active and committed Board of Directors who are vital in the planning and implementation of the organization’s strategic plan. The collective vision for growth includes efforts to better meet the needs of women searching for holistic care and human services. Each Board member understands how important their role is to those with whom God has entrusted to the organization’s care. The Executive Director can count on the support of the Board as (s)he leads the everyday operations of the centers.
There has never been a more exciting time for EPS. Aid the success of growing and developing EPS’ women’s health ministry that Jesus Christ has planned. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to the EPS Search Committee Leader/Board Member, Bob Goldsmith at: email@example.com.
EPS is a 501(c)(3) organization that exists to provide life-affirming, holistic support to women experiencing unexpected or under-supported pregnancies. EPS has two websites: friendsofeps.org (donor) and essentialps.org (client). For more information about EPS or the Executive Director position, contact EPS Board President Kim Volpone at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-301-4402.
Essential Pregnancy Services
Job Description: Executive Director
The Executive Director’s primary responsibility is to articulate, advance, oversee and promote the vision and mission of EPS. Additionally, the Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, financial management, development and fundraising, and day-to-day operations of the organization.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is expected to collaborate with the Board to establish and maintain the organization’s future direction and viability.
- In partnership with the Board, establish the strategic plan for the organization
- Advance, oversee, and promote the vision and mission of EPS
- Provide overall oversight of EPS operations, culture, services and programs (Advancement, Health & Wellness, Life Services, Business Operations)
- Ensure EPS consistently delivers a high-quality client, staff, and volunteer experience
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors, Director of Advancement and Director of Finance and Administration to develop and implement EPS’ financial and development strategy
- Develop and maintain relationships with EPS top donors, and cultivate new donors
- Provide leadership to any capital campaigns and assist in the solicitation of major campaigns and annual gifts
- Oversee and support continual development of the strategic direction for EPS
- Report regularly to the board of directors on organization activities, financial reporting, and progress toward meeting annual plan goals and strategic directions
- Provide oversight for and participate in the development of the organization's budgets and financial reporting
- Establish partnerships with external organizations to encourage the exchange of information and the building of collaborations to maximize community impact
- Champion innovative approaches to addressing issues impacting EPS clients
- Act as spokesperson for the organization
- Assess organizational capacity to implement strategies and identify gaps in operations and staffing
- Provide oversight, ensure consistent and proper execution, and participate in the development of organizational policies and procedures
- Provide leadership in responding to crisis situations and remain grounded and focused on problem solving throughout and following crisis events
- Recruit, hire, train, promote, professionally develop, and when necessary, terminate leaders as Director of Finance and Administration, Director of Health & Wellness, Director of Life Services, and Director of Advancement
- Oversee and evaluate annual strategic objectives and day to day activities of Director of Finance and Administration, Director of Life Services, Director of Advancement, and Director of Medical Services
- Creates a culture and office atmosphere that encourages openness, honesty, trust, respect, Christian reconciliation, restoration and unity.
- Follows policies and procedures and complies with all legal and organization restrictions and guidelines, including confidentiality, retention of information, employment law, budget, etc.
- All other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated commitment to the EPS mission
- Aligns with the Core Values of EPS
- Ability to represent EPS to the public
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of motivating and inspiring a large constituency
- Excellent organizational management skills to include strategic planning, fund-raising/marketing, budgeting, personnel (including volunteers), and operations
- Self-starter who takes ownership and initiative
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree(s) preferred
- Contributing member of a leadership team with the responsibility of producing at least $500,000 in revenue or responsibility for $500,000 in expenses
- Led a team (including volunteers) of more than 15 individuals across multiple functional areas
- Proven track record of increasing revenue or managing expenses within budget
- Five+ years’ experience in a pregnancy help organization, human services agency, or health clinic is preferred
- Willingness to operate in a manner consistent with the teachings of the Catholic Church
- Experience with creating and maintaining a high employee engagement environment
- Experience leading an organization through a merger or a joint venture helpful
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*