Financial Analyst 3
The Business Office is a key unit of the Department of Urologyâ€™s Central Administration. Central Administration oversees the long-range planning and administrative and fiscal operations for the Department at five hospital sites: Moffitt/Long Hospital, Mission Bay Hospitals, SFVAMC, ZSFG, and UCSF Benioff Childrenâ€™s Hospital Oakland. This position in the Business office establishes, implements, and oversees an effective budgetary implementation, monitoring, and control/audit system as well as provides financial analyses, fund management, and general accounting/financial services. The individual will be responsible for revenue/gift and foundation management, as well as manage and monitor finances for a portfolio of sponsored research accounts as well as all non-sponsored departmental accounts.
This position is eligible for a hybrid work model. (Part onsite at our Parnassus Campus and part remote work)Â
The Department of Urology in the School of Medicine educates medical students, residents, and clinical and postdoctoral fellows in urology; conducts basic science, clinical, and epidemiological research, including clinical trials; and provides professional patient care services.Â The Department conducts its teaching, research, and patient care activities at five major sites: the Parnassus campus, Mission Bay, Zuckerberg San Francisco General (ZSFG), the San Francisco Veterans Administration Medical Center (SFVAMC), and the UCSF Benioff Childrenâ€™s Hospital Oakland.
The annual operating budget of the Department of Urology is approximately $26 million, including funding from SFVAMC.Â Net professional fee collections, including ZSFG, exceed $14 million. The Department of Urology has 170 faculty/staff.
The Department of Urology in the School of Medicine is once again ranked as one of the best urology programs in the United States (in US News and World Report Best Hospitals survey, 2021-2022). Ranking #12 in the nation, #1 in San Francisco, and #3 in California. UCSF Urology received specific credit in the areas of patient safety, advanced technologies and patient services.
UCSF Urology is one of the most productive urology departments in the country, targeting our efforts on a broad spectrum of clinical care and research.Â In 2019, the National Institutes of Health (NIH biomedical research funding released rankings showing that UCSF holds the number one position in funding for urology for the sixth consecutive year.Â According to the Blue Ridge Institute for Medical Research, which analyzes these statistics, UCSF Department of Urology investigators received a total of $10.2 million in NIH research funding in 2019, more than any other institution for research in this discipline
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Minimum 3 years of related experience
- Thorough knowledge of finance policies, practices, and systems
- Has ability to independently gather required information, organize, and perform financial analysis assignments
- Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner both in writing and verbally
- Proven ability to use spreadsheet and database software for complex financial analysis, fiscal management, and financial reports
- Proven Interpersonal skills with peers throughout the organization; service orientation; critical thinking; attention to detail; ability to multi-task in a high-volume environment, organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to function as a member of a team
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting University resources
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and/or procedures, such as federal, state and university policies and procedures. Must also demonstrate an understanding of OMB Circular A-21, SAS-115 and Cost Accounting Standards
- Ability to resolve problems and exercise sound judgment in ambiguous environments
- Ability to learn and comprehend various database systems and use electronic portals
- Prior Pre-Award experience preferred
- Prior experience using MyReports and PeopleSoft
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences. We bring together the worldâ€™s leading experts in nearly every area of health. We are home to five Nobel laureates who have advanced the understanding of cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, aging and stem cells.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence â€“ also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity â€“ both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Job Code and Payroll Title
007709 FINANCIAL ANL 3
99 - Policy-Covered (No Bargaining Unit)
Hybrid, Parnassus Heights (SF)
Additional Shift Details
Monday- Friday , 8:00AM to 5:00PM
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*