About Alabama A&M University :
Alabama A&M University (AAMU), an 1890 Land-Grant institution located in the high-tech center of Huntsville in northern Alabama, invites applications for the positions listed below. Situated in the northeast quadrant of the city of 200,000, the hillside campus is just four miles away from downtown Huntsville. AAMU offers its 6,100-student population a wide range of course offerings under the College of Agriculture, Life and Natural Sciences; College of Business and Public Affairs; College of Education, Humanities and Behavioral Sciences and College of Engineering, Technology and Physical Science. The School of Graduate Studies serves about 1,400 and offers doctoral degree programs in Applied Physics, Food Science, Plant/Soil Science and Reading/Literacy.
Alabama A&M University invites applications for a full-time tenure-track position as Assistant/Associate Professor in the Department of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, in the area of Chemistry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach lower level chemistry courses and chemistry undergraduate courses
- Engage actively in research that includes the use of various instrumentation, such as NMR, IR, FT-IR,Â MS, GC/MS, UV-VÂ and HPLC
- Mentor and advice students.
- Assist in enhancing the current curriculum.
Minimum Position Requirements (including certifications, licenses, etc.):
- Ph.D. in Chemistry
- Must have 3-5 years demonstrated excellence in teaching, research and services
- Postdoctoral experience will be an advantage
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge in curriculum development for lectures and lab courses.
The salary for each position is based on the grade/tier in which the position is placed, and the salary within the grade/tier is based on the number of years of related experience or number of years in the hiring rank.
CLOSING DATE:Â Open Until Filled
Alabama A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Alabama A&M University encourages applications for employment from persons who are members of groups that have been underrepresented based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability.
Please submit the following documents online to be considered for the position:
- Employment Application
- Resume (include all work experience/history)
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcript (if applicable)
Already have an AAMU Employment Account? Login to add documents or update your account.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*