Job TitleAdministrative Assistant
Position StatusFull Time
Assignment LengthThis field only applies to Faculty
DepartmentSE Academic Affairs
The Administrative Assistant position is responsible for providing routine clerical, administrative, and project support to their assigned department(s). This position may serve as the primary point of operational and administrative contact for internal and external constituencies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Performance Requirements*
- Provides clerical/secretarial support
- Performs basic administrative procedures
- Performs basic, unit-specific tasks
- Maintains unit records
- Answers phones and runs front desk
- Schedules appointments and maintains calendars
- Distributes and sends mail
- Prepares and creates memos, emails, invoices, etc.
- Performs assigned duties
- Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually, and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
- Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through the Tarrant County College (TCC) Institute
- Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation, and creativity and service to the College
- Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
Works under the general supervision of assigned department leadership
*Performs Other Related Tasks as Required
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED
- Two (2) yearsâ€™ of working experience related to the Essential Performance Requirements
- Associateâ€™s degree
- Experience working in a college or university setting
- Experience working with diverse student populations
- Experience with ESL, ESOL, and foundational reading and writing courses.
- Bilingual â€“ Spanish, French, Vietnamese or Arabic
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Skilled in excellent customer service and interpersonal relationships with diverse populations
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment and a setting that is diverse
- Ability to think critically to effectively solve and communicate problems in a fast-paced environment where the demands for work are varied, and unpredictable in scope and volume
- Ability to use computer applications and enterprise systems, including proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
Two positions available supporting the following areas: Academic Affairs and Liberal Arts.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*