132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
STEM Research Coordinator
Full Job Description
Academic Professional 1
STEM Research Coordinator
Monday through Friday, 8:00 am â€“ 4:30 pm
TheÂ STEMÂ Research CoordinatorÂ is a key component of a student research pathway at Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College. This position is the connector between faculty, regional researchers, and students and is responsible for current and future research program recruitment and expansion of regional research partnerships; assistance with the oversight of research projects and the development of scientific protocols; providing support for students participating in research.
MINIMUMÂ QUALIFICATIONSÂ :
- Bachelorâ€™s degree; or an equivalent amount of education and applicable professional work experience
- Must have participated in STEM research
- Must possess exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience working with Native American students or others with diverse backgrounds
- Proficient computer skills
- Valid driverâ€™s license
PREFERREDÂ QUALIFICATIONSÂ :
- Masterâ€™s degree
- Experience working on natural resources research; both field and lab experience
- Experience mentoring college students on STEM projects
- Knowledge on environmental issues impacting tribal lands
- Experience working with grants
The mission of Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College is to provide higher education opportunities for its communities in a welcoming, culturally diverse environment.
To achieve this mission we will:
- Promote scholarship and academic excellence through transfer and career education, and provide access to higher education by offering developmental education.
- Respectfully promote the language, culture, and history of the Anishinaabeg.
- Provide programs which will celebrate the cultural diversity of our community and promote global understanding.
- Promote a sense of personal respect and wellness.
- Provide technological opportunities and experiences, preparing students for the future.
- Provide programs and baccalaureate degrees that fulfill our commitment to American Indian communities, our land grant status, and the union of cultures.
Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College offers a postsecondary education to honor the past, for those living in the present and dreaming the future, through a spirit of respect, cooperation, and unity.
During 2013 and 2014, Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College identified five core values to be used as guiding principles on campus. Our core values are:
At Minnesota State we promote the ability for our employees to move within the Minnesota State system of Colleges and Universities, located throughout the State of MN. To learn more, please visit:Â Work at Minnesota State!
At Minnesota State, we have a GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! Our generous benefits include 11 paid Holidays, Vacation Time, Sick Time, six weeks of Paid Parental Leave, low cost medical and dental insurance with low deductibles, a Pension Plan, 457(b) and 403(b) retirement plans and other retirement investment options, pre-tax medical and dental expense (with roll-over option) and dependent care accounts, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, as well as professional development and a tuition waiver program for employees and their dependents, etc. We promote the health and well-being of our employees and take work/life balance seriously.
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions Summary
To be considered for the position, you must apply online atÂ PeopleAdmin. Paper applications/resumes will not be considered. Questions about the position may be directed to Courtney Kowalczak, Environmental Institute Director, at (218) 879-0862 orÂ email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of employment. For TTY, call Minnesota Relay Service at 7-1-1- or 1-800-627-3529.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*