This job has Expired
Sr. Maintenance Mechanic I (Mechanical Technology-WCC)
About Westchester Community College:
Westchester Community College was founded in 1946 as the New York State Institute of Applied Arts and Sciences in White Plains. In 1957, the County of Westchester bought the 360-acre John Hartford estate in Valhalla and designated 218 acres for the community college. Westchester Community College is more than just the county's largest educational institution. It is a living, breathing part of Westchester that goes beyond the influence of a typical college and affects the lives of all who enter its doors.
This support position assists Mechanical Technology faculty in the Engineering Technology department by handling the operation, repair, and maintenance of laboratory equipment, including the CAD labs, 3D printers, and machine shop equipment. The incumbent provides technical assistance to faculty and students in the use of machine shop and laboratory tools and equipment; monitors safety; inspects student projects to ensure they are within specific tolerances; manages inventory of supplies and lab materials; and maintains lab readiness at all times.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate must possess a high school or equivalency diploma and one of the following:
- Four years experience as a machinist.
- Four years of full time experience under a journeyman machinist which provided training and experience equivalent to that given in an apprenticeship program.
- An associate's Degree in Mechanical Technology of Mechanical Engineering Technology and two years experience as a machinist.
Experience with machinery repair, including disassembly, troubleshooting, and reassembly with machinery such as geared head lathes, series J Bridgeport repairs, etc. is required. Experience with preventative maintenance on CNC equipment, including vertical machining center mill, knee mill, slant bed, and tool room lathes is also required. The successful candidate must possed proficiency with drafting platforms, such as Autocad, Inventor, Solidworks, or similar; and proficiency with G-Code, either manually written, via control/conversational, and/or cam package such as Fusion or FeatureCAM, or similar.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: The following is strongly preferred:
- Five years of full time experience under a journeyman machinist which provided training and experience equivalent to that given in an apprenticeship program.
- Three years experience as a machinist.
- Familiarity with Siemens CNC controls.
- Familiarity with FDM and polyjet 3D printing and design for manufacture.
- Familiarity with rigging and transport of heavy equipment, including gear head lathes and milling machines.
- OSHA Hazardous Materials (HazMat) Response Awareness level training.
- Familiarity with MIG/TIG and Flux welding, brazing, and soldering on alloy steels and aluminum.
POSITION EFFECTIVE: The position will remain open until filled.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The starting salary is $55,823 plus excellent benefits.
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm
Applicants must apply online by submitting a letter expressing interest in this position, a resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references. You must be legally eligible to work in the United States at the time of hire. Please login to: https://sunywcc.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp in order to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents. The review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence, workforce development, economic development and lifelong learning.
The College will provide equal opportunity in all of its employment practices to all persons without unlawful discrimination on the basis of political affiliation, age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, arrest or conviction record, membership in any reserve component of the armed forces, or use or non-use of lawful products off College premises during nonworking hours, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*