This job has Expired
Instructor of Mathematics
Instructor of Mathematics
Full Job Description
Full time instructor in the Math Department that will report to the Director of the division and/or the program director. The role and mission of LSCO places major emphasis upon the teaching component. Faculty will be expected to teach assigned classes according to approved course syllabi or instructional dean. Each faculty member will schedule office hours which will include the normal working hours (8:00 – 5:00), not excluding evening hours when classes are in session. During these office hours, the faculty member will be available to counsel with students and will be available for departmental, divisional, and institutional obligations. Therefore, the instructional faculty positions at LSCO have an emphasis on teaching, scholarship, and service. Duties and responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to, the following described as ATF (ACADEMIC TRANSFER FACULTY)
· Faculty members shall be responsible for the content, quality and effectiveness of the curriculum.
· Faculty members shall be under the direct supervision of the appropriate division chairpersons or academic dean.
· Teach assigned classes (MATH) according to approved course syllabi and minimum competencies;
· Arrive on time for classes or notify the division chairperson or academic dean as early as possible of an inability to meet a class;
· Schedule, post and keep office hours as required by LSCO policy;
· Keep class record books, keys, lesson assignments and other necessary materials or equipment available for substitute instructors;
· Assist with advisement, counseling, and registration of students;
· Submit all required student grade reports to the registrar’s office on schedule;
· Maintain accurate attendance records for all classes;
· Attend all faculty meetings, commencements and other special meetings called by the division chairperson, deans, provosts, or the College president;
· Inform the administration regarding all matters affecting the welfare of students, faculty and the institution;
· Participate in curriculum development, including the establishment of departmental learning outcomes, and the reporting of learning outcomes results as required by departmental procedures;
· Recommend the purchase of library books and selection of textbooks and other instructional materials;
· Measure student performance including the preparation, administration, grading, and evaluation of tests, papers, examinations, and research projects, etc., reporting grades, and participation in the assessment of course and program outcomes.
· Conduct assessment and evaluation of Student Learning Outcomes for each course, department or program outcomes, and general education student learning outcomes as appropriate.
· Serve on institution and affiliated committees.
· Subject to teaching assignment at LSCO campus and/or dual credit sites.
· Subject to teach by any instructional delivery method, including online, hybrid, and/or face-to face.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the division chairperson, deans, provosts, or College president.
This is a non-tenured full time faculty position.
Minimum qualifications include a master’s degree or high in the teaching discipline or a master’s degree in any discipline, with 18 graduate hours in the teaching discipline. Experience with developmental education, secondary education, community college, state college, junior college or university teaching preferred. Must demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of students from diverse backgrounds, willingness to use non-traditional instructional methods, ability to work with students individually and in small groups, understanding of learning strategies, and experience using technology in Math instruction. Must demonstrate writing and speaking competencies. Must comply with established college standards and policies.
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215.
Salary based on LSCO faculty salary schedule
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $1.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Orange, TX 77630: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Master's (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*