Instructor, Adult Digital Literacy
- Occupational Summary
These are Part-time teaching positions.
Craven Community College is seeking to expand our pool of part-time faculty to teach classes in the College and Career Readiness Department (CCR). Openings for these positions may not exist at the present time; however upon review of your qualifications, you may be contacted directly by the department on an as needed basis.
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing in-person instruction in essential digital and computer literacy skills to beginner and intermediate adult learners
- Plan, organize and develop lessons using the NorthStar curriculum provided to help students improve proficiency in using technology tools
- Implement a variety of instructional delivery methods to include technology, interactive, and hands-on activities using authentic and beneficial materials relating to subject matter
- Complete and maintain appropriate student registration, attendance, and assessment records, and ensure timely submission of required paperwork
- Assist in the retention, advising and guidance of student goal setting and progression
- Responsible for effective classroom management that enhances student learning
- Participate in required professional development and mandatory trainings
- Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
Two (2) years' teaching experience.
Experience teaching adult learners.
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Education or subject area taught from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to relate and communicate well with all socio-economic levels and ethnic groups with respect and sensitivity.
Excellent oral, written, and listening skills.
Ability to develop and deliver creative and interactive lessons in an energetic manner.
Self-directed, organized, task and detail oriented and flexible.
Able to demonstrate a variety of instructional techniques and methods.
Creates and executes quality interactive contextualized daily lesson plans based on the curriculum.
Working knowledge of computers, especially use of the Internet and Microsoft Office.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*