This job has Expired
Postdoctoral Research Associate - Muthuchamy Lab
Job TitlePostdoctoral Research Associate - Muthuchamy Lab
AgencyTexas A&M University Health Science Center
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationBryan, Texas
What we believe
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values .”
Who we are
As one of the fastest-growing academic health centers in the nation, the Texas A&M University Health Science Center encompasses five colleges and numerous centers and institutes working together to improve health through transformative education, innovative research and team-based health care delivery.
What we want
The Health Science Center (HSC) is looking for a Postdoctoral Research Associate to serve as a member of the Medical Physiology team. We desire an individual who subscribes to and supports our commitment as stated above. The successful applicant will bring an expert level of research experience to the position and understand the demands of supporting executives in a fast-paced environment. This person must be professional, enjoy working in a high-volume environment and be able to apply strong organizational skills while being flexible in their daily routine. If this is you, we invite you to apply to become a member of our team.
Job Description Summary: The Postdoctoral Research Associate is responsible for investigating the role of lymphatics in skeletal muscle function, specifically using mouse models of neuromuscular diseases. Highly motivated candidates are sought to be involved in a cross-collaborative research program. Project involves determining lymphatic functional mechanisms that regulate skeletal muscle function and delineating immune cells and inflammatory signaling that promote muscle dysfunction in neuromuscular diseases and day-to-day lab maintenance and record keeping.
Required Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others
PhD in a physiology discipline
Basic cell and molecular techniques
Handling Rodent (mouse and Rat) models
Experience with isolated (lymphatic) vessel and in vivo functional studies
Experience with animal surgery, tissue isolation
Experience with flow cytometry
Preferred Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to work with diverse individuals and communities
Basic Science Research Duties
- Independently perform experiments for assigned research projects that includes Real time PCR, western blotting, flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, isolated vessel and in vivo functional studies, fluorescent imaging and cell culture studies.
- Maintain the records of data collection.
- Conduct and monitor breeding of mouse colonies, basic surgical techniques and tissue harvest; maintaining the animal logs.
- Coordinate experiments/schedules with research staff, students and postdocs.
- Survey literature and research design.
- Analyze and interpret data using scientific or statistical techniques.
- Assist with the preparation of research literature during manuscript and grant submissions and for presentation at scientific meetings.
- Order laboratory supplies and maintain lab inventory.
- Prepare laboratory reagents/solutions, and maintain laboratory equipment.
- Coordinate day-to-day laboratory maintenance and maintain laboratory safety manuals.
- General lab cleaning including benches and glassware.
- Present data at national and international scientific conferences.
- Attend weekly Medical Physiology Seminar Series and meet with guest lectures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*