132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Post-doc - Pathology
Date: October 2022
Location: Institute of Pathology, 5th floor, room 511
Supervisor Name and Title: Ignazio Cali, PhD, Assistant Professor
A postdoctoral position is available in the lab of Dr. Ignazio Cali at the Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. The Cali lab is interested in understanding the molecular basis of comorbid neurodegenerative disorders (e.g., prion disease and Alzheimerâ€™s disease or chronic traumatic disease) to investigate reciprocal relationship of co-existing proteinopathies by in vivo and in vitro approaches.
I. STATEMENT OF RESEARCH AND SCIENTIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- A self-motivated PhD scientist with experience in molecular biology and biochemistry.
- Assist in developing standard lab procedures, exploring new research techniques and participate in lab management. The candidate will have responsibility in working with transgenic mice for transmission studies, perform seeding assays and express/purify recombinant proteins.
- Assemble data, make high-quality figures, participate in writing manuscripts and present data at scientific meetings, and contribute preliminary data for grant proposals
- As a post-doctoral researcher, the candidate is expected to present data at scientific meeting and departmental seminars
II. TECHNICAL SKILLS
Should have experience in basic techniques including dissection of mouse brains, mouse inoculation and genotyping. In addition, the projects involve techniques such as seeding assay using the real-time quaking-induced conversion (RT-QuIC), immunoblotting, expression and purification of recombinant proteins, immunohistochemistry.
III. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
May supervise research assistants, technicians and participate in the supervision of research technique for graduate students and fellows.
IV. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum qualifications: Ph.D. (Biology, Biochemistry, or related subjects)
- The successful candidate must have strong analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Professional and effective verbal and written communication skills and good interpersonal skills with the ability to work and communicate with various individuals within and external to the University
In employment, as in education, Case Western Reserve University is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity.Â Women, veterans, members of underrepresented minority groups, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Case Western Reserve University provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities.Â Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the Office of Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunity at 216-368-8877 to request a reasonable accommodation.Â Determinations as to granting reasonable accommodations for any applicant will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Instruction to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a CV, a very brief cover letter regarding research interests and career plans, and contact information for three references to Dr. Ignazio Cali (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*