132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
California Nevada Adaptation Program (CNAP) Project Coordinator
The Desert Research Institute’s (DRI) Division of Atmospheric Sciences and the California Nevada Adaptation Program is seeking an exceptional and resourceful individual to join our team as the project coordinator. The ideal candidate is highly organized, detail oriented and has experience in project management, community engagement, and climate adaptation and resilience projects. This is an exciting opportunity to gain hands on experience working collaboratively with diverse partners to advance projects focused on advancing climate community resilience projects, plans, and activities. This is a new role and we are interested in investing and supporting an individual who wants to develop their professional and leadership skills in support of integrated research and community based climate adaptation projects. The project coordinator will spend approximately 50% of their time supporting a project focused on Heat Resilience in and around Las Vegas. Additional responsibilities include coordinating with research leads across the CNAP project portfolio and the core program team, coordinating with DRI’s office of communications, and communicating CNAP activities and research through social media and other means. The position can be located at either the DRI Reno, NV or DRI Las Vegas, NV campus.
· - Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Preferred disciplines in communication, environmental sciences, education, or geography.
· - Effective verbal and written communication skills to a diversity of audiences.
· - Demonstrated ability to work independently.
· - Demonstrated Ability to contribute to collaborative research and work collegially in a group setting.
· - Proven ability to fulfill project goals and meet project deadlines.
· - Working with city and county agencies in Southern Nevada and/or Southern Nevada community organizations.
· - Experience working on research projects in climate adaptation.
· - Experience working in Nevada on climate or weather-related impacts such as extreme heat, flood, drought, water quality/quantity or other environmental issues.
· - Project management experience.
Apply though the DRI website at https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/DRI-External/job/DRI---Reno-NV/Staff-Research-Scientist--California-Nevada-Adaptation-Program--CNAP--Project-Coordinator_R0133569
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*