This job has Expired
Testing Center Coordinator
Testing Center Coordinator
Business & Community Services
11/11/2022 11:59 PM Eastern
Under the guidance and supervision of the Assistant Vice President for Adult Education and
Workforce Development, coordinates the activities of the Testing and Workforce Development Certification Center. Offers vendor and/or college certification and licensing exams according to established guidelines and/or college policies. Administers assessments for educational and workforce certifications including students who test via special accommodations.
- Manages the daily activities of the Testing Center; ensures rules and regulations of the testing vendors are followed as specified by contract; oversees and reviews the testing center vendor contracts; submits new contracts with analysis to the Assistant Vice President for approval.
- Trains, schedules and coordinates work of all Proctors.
- Establishes and ensures professional standards for testing including:
Â Â Â Â Â Â a. Ensuring environment meets or exceeds standards required by vendors.
Â Â Â Â Â Â b. Ensuring environment is comfortable and accommodating to student needs.
Â Â Â Â Â Â c. Following established or required testing policies and procedures.
- Serves as the liaison between the college and testing vendors
- Reviews the testing center vendor portfolio to determine where opportunities may be for the college to increase volume and revenue.
- Develops, schedules and distributes marketing material in collaboration with the Asst VP and VP, and Media Relations, with the intent of increasing use of the testing center and increasing the types of tests administered in the center.
- Serves as HCC HiSET/GED Chief Examiner. Oversees HiSET/GED Registrations and administers HiSET exams as required by the MA Department of Elementary & Secondary Education (DESE).
- Establishes and enhances effective working relationships; collaborates with college departments such as Student Services, the Career Center, Offices of Students with Disabilities/Deaf Services (OSD/DS), and Academic Affairs to ensure testing activities meet or exceed the objectives of the college and the needs of the students.
- Ensures appropriate accommodations for testers with disabilities.
- Participates in departmental and divisional staff meetings.
- Observes a security plan and implements security procedures for all assessments housed in the testing center. Provides security for test copies, answer keys and answer sheets; reports alleged cases of scholastic dishonesty. Maintains confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Ensures corrected student identification procedures are followed, administers tests and provides students and businesses with feedback and scores.
- Maintains supply and equipment inventories in coordination with CBPD Staff Assistant.
- Collects data on utilization of the testing center; prepares reports as required by the Asst. VP or other college personnel; including monthly enrollment and revenue data.
- Reviews current testing procedures; drafts written procedures and guidelines for all testing activities, ensures uniform implementation of testing policies and procedures.
- Maintains environment promoting excellent customer service.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED: Â Bachelorâ€™s Degree. Excellent Communication and Customer Service Skills. Demonstrated experience with scheduling and organization. Ability to coordinate the work of a team. Experience with revenue management. Ability to prioritize among multiple priorities.
EQUIVALENCY STATEMENT:Â Â Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them for the responsibilities of this position.
PREFERRED:Â Masterâ€™s degree. Prior experience managing a Testing Center, or proctoring standardized testing. Â Marketing experience.
Are you excited and interested in this role butÂ don'tÂ meet every requirement?Â We encourage you to apply anyway.Â AÂ LinkedIn Gender Insights studyÂ shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification.
Holyoke Community College is dedicated to Equity, Diversity, Inclusivity, and Belonging, so we genuinely encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description.
Part-time/Non-Benefited, MCCC Unit Position
Hourly Rate:Â $30.03
Hours:Â 18.5 hours/week
Funding Source:Â Trust
**Please Note:Â Â Candidates for employment should be aware that all Holyoke Community College students, faculty, and staff must be fully vaccinated by the start of your employment. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status records; details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the hire and onboarding process.
- All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. HCC is not sponsoring H1B Visa.Â
Â - Pre-Employment Background check, including Criminal History will be conducted for all positions.
Holyoke Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the Collegeâ€™s Affirmative Action and/or Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Educationâ€™s Office for Civil Rights.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*