132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Vice Chancellor, Human Resources
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
Reflects the diversity of our community
Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body as an open-access and low-cost institution. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to our students' diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Vice President, Human Resources
Job Description Summary:
Provides transformational leadership for the planning, execution and administration of comprehensive district-wide programs that continuously develop the success of Austin Community College’s people and organization. Leads implementation and coordination of all Human Resources programs and services for Austin Community College including employment, , compensation, benefits, evaluation, and staff development, and the Human Capital Management (HCM) system. Supports adoption of best practices across the ACC community that strengthen ACC’s culture of collaboration, connection, and caring (The 3 Cs). Serves on the Chancellor’s Cabinet and collaborates with the executive team, faculty, and staff to further the vision of ACC and the equity-grounded student success mission. Reports to the Executive Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration.
- Provides leadership and oversight of staff, coaches, directs, mentors, evaluates, and counsels personnel while adhering to organizational human resource policies and procedures as well as related employment laws. Recommends hire and termination personnel actions for positions managed.
- Formulates and oversees administrative policies and practices to provide effective Human Resources management throughout the college.
- Serves as Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Officer for the college.
- Provides overall leadership and management direction for the college's recruiting, selection, and orientation activities.
- Oversees and recommends the college's compensation philosophy.
- Provides overall leadership and management direction for employee human resources programs, including employment, benefits, compensation, personnel records, staff development, and employee evaluation programs.
- Serves as member of Chancellor's Leadership Team (CLT).
- Ensures compliance with all human resources rules and processes, including compliance with federal and state laws and regulations.
- Creates and designs new programs.
- Creates pertinent manuals and handbooks for the college.
- Participation in cross-divisional teams focused on improving the culture and climate for ACC employees in service of the college's student focused mission .
- Presenting information and summary reports internally and to the public.
- Understanding of the community college philosophy and mission.
- Handling the demands and requirements of senior-level management in higher education.
- Effective management and leadership models and techniques, including Servant-Leadership Principles.
- Demonstrated expertise in strategic planning, and program development and implementation.
- Relevant human resource laws and regulations.
- Facilitation, transition, and change management.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Working effectively & collaboratively with a diverse and multicultural staff and student body.
- Excellent communication, written and verbal, and interpersonal (EQ) skills.
- Empathic, grounded leadership at all levels of the college.
- Planning, prioritizing, and problem-solving.
- Handling multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Planning and managing budgets and manpower needs.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
- Use of a Human Capital Management (HCM) system.
- Ten years related work experience.
- Five years of managerial experience, including senior-level leadership roles.
- Master's degree. Experience cannot be substituted for required, applicable educational level.
- JD preferred.
- SPHR or SHRM-SCP preferred.
- Valid Texas Driver's License and reliable transportation for local Austin area travel as needed.
- Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Provide resources for safe operation of units. Create and support workplace safety.
$185,000 - $210,000
Reports to: Executive Vice Chancellor, Finance & Administration
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
November 4, 2022
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*