This job has Expired
Lab Technician for Health, Human Performance & Phys. Ed./Sr. Technical Assistant (WCC)
About Westchester Community College:
Westchester Community College was founded in 1946 as the New York State Institute of Applied Arts and Sciences in White Plains. In 1957, the County of Westchester bought the 360-acre John Hartford estate in Valhalla and designated 218 acres for the community college. Westchester Community College is more than just the county's largest educational institution. It is a living, breathing part of Westchester that goes beyond the influence of a typical college and affects the lives of all who enter its doors.
The incumbent is responsible for the following duties:
- Laboratory Equipment: Clean, maintain, and store HHP lab and Physical Education equipment; perform quality control measures (e.g. routine maintenance of all first aid equipment and manikins etc.); repair or order maintenance of existing equipment; train new faculty on policies and handling of equipment; provide assistance/demonstrations to students on equipment use; and oversee work study students in the maintenance and care of lab equipment. Coordinate with the Athletic Department to oversee the proper functioning, servicing, and cleanliness of all Fitness Center & Weight Room equipment. Create and maintain equipment replacement schedule for all durable equipment.
- Ordering/Invoicing: Maintain inventory of all durable & nondurable equipment and supplies; order the necessary equipment and supplies for laboratory sessions and Physical Education classes (research and prepare requisitions for equipment and supplies); manage invoices for processing and record keeping; receive and catalogue orders; inventory stock for record keeping; and communicate with vendors and representatives on products. Order all cards in support of certification classes (First Aid, lifeguarding)
- Coordination with the Athletic Department: provide/oversee lifeguards for all Physical Education swim classes; communicate with pool contractor to maintain operation of the swimming pool, alerting contractor when certain repairs are needed, receive reports from the contractor on the chemical status and the status of needed repairs. Submit requisitions for chlorine and pool chemicals. Maintain cleanliness of department mailroom; coordinate with school secretary to order necessary office supplies; and maintain ink supplies for all department printers
- Laboratory/Classroom: Set up and break down equipment for all activity classes and HHP Labs; assist faculty with events during classes. Assist faculty with research for lesson plans and advise them on computer usage. Provide tutoring assistance for laboratory procedures/skills to students; assist instructors/students during laboratory instruction; set-up and break down laboratory classes as well as laboratory practicals; assist instructors; assist and keep minutes for committee meetings; and assist faculty and department chair with additional documentation.
- All other duties, as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate must possess a high school or equivalency diploma and at least three years of experience in the field. The successful candidate must also possess good computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor of Science degree in a related field is strongly preferred.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The starting salary $51,473 plus excellent benefits.
Applicants must apply online by submitting a letter expressing interest in this position, a resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references. You must be legally eligible to work in the United States at the time of hire. Please login to: https://sunywcc.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp in order to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents. The review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence, workforce development, economic development and lifelong learning.
The College will provide equal opportunity in all of its employment practices to all persons without unlawful discrimination on the basis of political affiliation, age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, arrest or conviction record, membership in any reserve component of the armed forces, or use or non-use of lawful products off College premises during nonworking hours, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*