132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Practice Coordinator I
- Job ID:
- 1 Patriots Place, Foxborough, MA 02035
- Administration Support/Customer Service
- Employment Type:
- Full time
- Work Location:
- Onsite:Up to 1 day remote/wk
Provides superior customer service to all patients, family members, physicians and staff, including check-in and check-out services, updating patient information, answering non-clinical patient questions, and assisting patients with finding their way within the Cancer Center, in accordance with the DFCI Customer Service Standards.Â The practice coordinator may also assist with registration of new patients including the collection of demographic information and insurance information.Â
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Practice Coordinator I:
- Under the direction of the clinical practice support management team, provides appointment scheduling ranging in complexity from one physician appointment to multiple care provider appointments in accordance with department scheduling guidelines for new and/or existing patients.Â
- Performs front desk check-in and check-out functions (may defer complicated scheduling to Practice Coordinator II as needed).
- Obtains detailed clinical information face-to-face, by telephone or electronically.
- May provide basic information regarding the need for insurance referral(s).
- Performs independent patient and outside provider call triaging and assists in directing patient flow.
- Serves as a liaison between patient/family/provider.
- Confirm patientâ€™s demographics (address/phone numbers etc) and insurance information.
- Review patient â€œalertsâ€ in IDX and reconcile ie: patient contact information, Medicare Survey etc.
- Responsible for complex scheduling activities associated with patients arriving from main campus, other centers or other outside entities and coordinating 2nd opinion physicians, specialists, dieticians, etc.
- Ensures the completion of prior authorizations for radiology testing and authorizations for outside ancillary services.
- Manage all incoming referrals; provide appointment setting and coordination of medical records.
- May navigate new patients and educate them about all available services.
- Understand and utilize DFCI systems as well as the local Hospitalâ€™s systems i.e. Meditech
- Resolves issues directly or ensures appropriate management of call by others.
- Recognizes emergencies and appropriately responses using standard operating procedures and critical thinking skills.
- May be required to perform other duties as required by the clinical practice support team.
- Â May provide general administrative support and coordination for all aspects of patient care for both new and/or established patients, including filing, document preparation, data entry, telephone support, etc.Â
- Refer patients to financial counselor as needed at DFCI.
- If insurance has changed, copy card and give to New Patient Coordinator for updating and insurance eligibility check.
- Requires basic knowledge of insurance plans which constantly change; knowledge of insurances that SEMC/DFCI are participants; and high risk insurances
- Takes phones off of forwarding to the answering service; retrieves messages from the answering service and triages accordingly.
- Handles incoming requests for records and mails/faxesÂ information as appropriate; Faxes notifications to HIS as necessary (patient name changes, etc)
Practice Coordinator I:Â Associateâ€™s degree and/or 0-2 years work experience required.Â Experience working in a medical or customer service setting preferred.Â Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.Â
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
All positions in the job family will require excellent customer service and computer skills with proficiency in a Windows environment required.
Practice Coordinator I:Â Ability to multi-task and function as an integral member of the team.Â Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.Â Excellent computer, customer service and problem solving skills required.Â Demonstrated ability to draft reports, correspondence and other administrative documents pertaining to patient scheduling as needed.
At Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels they belong.Â As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff.Â Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*