This job has Expired
Veterinary Technology Program Director
Veterinary Technology Program Director
Full Job Description
The Director of Veterinary Technology Program is responsible for directing all components of the Veterinary Technology Program, including, but not limited to developing curriculum, planning, preparation, presentation, and evaluation of classroom, laboratory, and clinical instruction and related activities, achieving initial accreditation, and recruiting and tracking students. Provides leadership and supervision for faculty and support staff. Works closely with the appropriate Dean and program faculty in the development and allocation of the program budget. The Director reports to the Dean of Health Sciences.
Salary:Â Commensurate with education and experience according to the Alabama Community College System Salary Schedule; D1 Salary range: $59,315 - $87,562 for nine-month employment; summer employment may be available dependent on enrollment: $18,314 - $27,081.
Benefits:Â Full time employees are entitled to the Collegeâ€™s benefit package to include: PEEHIP, retirement, leave (sick, and personal), etc.
ANTICIPATED START DATE: November 2022
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Responsible for organizing continuous program review and development of processes that assure program effectiveness.
- Develop and modify curriculum as needed.
- Acquire and maintain full accreditation with the AVMA; submit reports as required.
- Teach veterinary technology courses and labs in the classroom.
- Recommend members for appointment to the Program Advisory Committee and coordinate the activities of the Committee when appropriate.
- Assist in planning budgets and utilizing monies efficiently for the program.
- Promote effective business relations with veterinarians, veterinary licensing boards, veterinary and veterinary technician associations, animal shelters, equipment suppliers, and local merchants.
- Prepare program class schedules.
- Supervise and evaluate program faculty/staff.
- Participate in the planning process to assist the College in effectively fulfilling its mission and goals.
- Responsible for securing approved veterinary practice sites for the clinical component of the curriculum and ensure that they meet program and AVMA requirements.
- Maintain appropriate documents, records, and files in accordance with State Board and College policies and procedures, accrediting agency and regulating boards.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President and Dean of Health Sciences.
- Graduate of an accredited program of Veterinary Medicine with a Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or a credentialed veterinary technician who must be a graduate of an American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) accredited program is required.
- Alabama license as a DVM or veterinary technician is required.
- Educational background and occupational experience appropriate to understand and fulfill program goals is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of supervisory or managerial experience is required.
- Experience teaching in a college setting is preferred.
- Experience in a variety of teaching and evaluation methods and delivery mediums including multimedia presentation of classroom lectures and laboratory activities is preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) yearsâ€™ experience in field is preferred.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and must submit a complete application packet through the ONLINE application system by the deadline date to be considered for the position.Â Applicants who fail to submit all required information will be disqualified.Â It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure his or her application packet is complete. Application material may not be submitted by fax or email.
A complete application packet consists of a:
- Complete Southern Union State Community College ONLINE employment application
- Current resume
- List of three (3) professional references
- Transcript of college work verifying degree requirement; must include degree awarded and date confirmed (Unofficial transcripts will be accepted before the deadline, but official transcripts must be received if employed.)
Please note: Applicants must provide documentation of the required work experience if an offer is made.Â All submitted application materials become the property of the College. Requests for copies of applicationÂ materials, including transcripts, will be denied.
Correspondence regarding positions (i.e. scheduled interview appointment, position filled announcement) will be sent to applicants through the email address used on the applicantâ€™s NeoEd account. Applicants areÂ required to monitor their e-mail account for additional information regardingÂ this current applied for position.
In accordance with the Alabama Community College System policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form and to submit a non-refundable minimum payment of $17.40 for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon the receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check. Southern Union also participates in E-verify.
It is the policy of the Alabama Community College System, including all postsecondary community and technical colleges under the control of the Alabama Community College System Board of Trustees, that no employee or applicant for employment or promotion, on the basis of any impermissible criterion or characteristic including, without limitation, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, sex, age, or any other protected class as defined by federal or state law, shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment.
Southern Union State Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Southern Union State Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. Applicants must adhere to the Collegeâ€™s prescribed interview schedule and travel at their own expense. The College reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding.
More than one position in the same job classification may be filled from the applicants for this position should another vacancy occur during the search process.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*