This job has Expired
Resource & Information Specialist
Full Job Description
Resource and Information Specialist
YMCA Employment Services
23 Main Street East
Salary Range: Level 6 (Starting Salary $40,000 - $45,000)
Position Status: Full Time One Year Contract with Benefits
Placement: October 2022 – October 2023
Nature & Scope
The Resource & Information Specialist will assist job seekers in obtaining career, education and employment information and will provide them appropriate referrals to services in the community as needed.
- Provide first line customer service & answer telephone inquiries
- Complete administrative duties as required to support program staff
- Assess new clients for service suitability and provide necessary referral
- Provide current labour market information to assist job seekers with their employment/educational goals
- Update, acquire and enhance resources that are used by participants
- Photocopy and fax resumes and cover sheets for participants
- Assist participants in the Resource Room regarding computers, job searching, Internet, job bank or any other assistance they may require
- Build relationships with participants, employers, community agencies, government funders and stakeholders
- Collaborate with other community service agencies
- Assist in the development and implementation of presentations to education community groups, local service clubs, levels of government and the general public
- Organize and deliver workshops on employment related topics
- Other duties as required
As one of the largest charitable community service organizations in Canada, the Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford responds to critical social needs in the community and works to provide solutions. By nurturing the potential of children, youth and adults, the YMCA connects people to life- building opportunities, to each other and enhances their quality of life. We foster social responsibility and healthy living. The YMCA works collectively with community partners that share the YMCA’s determination in strengthening the foundations of community for all people.
This position requires a commitment to the YMCA mission and core values of: Belonging, Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility as well as, a commitment to building developmental assets in children and adults. All offers of employment will be subject to the provision that the successful incumbent provides the Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford with a current and satisfactory Police Records Check. Positions responsible for the direct supervision of children and/or vulnerable persons will be required, in addition to a Police Records Check, to provide a Vulnerable Sector Screening Report at the time of hire.
Why Work for the YMCA?
As a charitable organization, the YMCA values the contributions of its diverse teams. We recognize the importance of providing meaningful opportunities that allow employees to grow and thrive. At the Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford, in addition to fair wages, we offer a complimentary general membership with additional options for family participation. A comprehensive benefits program is also available to employees including a competitive and robust pension program. YMCA Employees enjoy a generous vacation entitlement that increases with seniority, as well as other paid entitlements. All employees have access to an Employee Assistance Program which provides confidential counseling and referral services as well as preventative education. Additionally, the YMCA understands the holistic needs of its employees is equally important and attempts to support these goals by offering a variety of staff discounts on the programs and services that support good health and strong families. We look forward to welcoming you to the YMCA.
Education and Experience:
- Post secondary degree or diploma in social service field and/or education or equivalent education and work experience
- Excellent analytical, oral and written skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Self motivated and able to work well independently & in a team environment
- Good computer skills utilizing MS Office applications, internet and online platforms, email programs
- Good presentation and workshop skills; good counseling skills and knowledge regarding future job trends
- Experience in developing and delivering community programs by assessing and collaborating with other community services
- Flexible, adaptable and have the ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to be diplomatic when dealing with participants and members of the community
- A current and satisfactory Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check is a condition of employment
- If you are hired, prior to your start date and as a condition of
employment, you will be required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid Human Rights exemption.
Commitment to Organization Vision and Values
Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the Mission, Vision, strategic outcomes and values of the YMCA.
Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement across the YMCA.
Planning and Organizing
Establishes a clearly defined and effective course of action for self and others to accomplish short and long term work goals.
Ensures that YMCA programs and services are superior.
Works independently with minimal supervision. If you are interested in this position, please submit your letter of application and resume by October 28, 2022, attention:
We thank all applicants, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford is committed to creating an inclusive environment that accommodates all individuals, including those with disabilities. We support the goals of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Acts (AODA) and have established policies, procedures, and practices which adhere to the accessibility standards set out in the AODA. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process please do not hesitate contacting our Human Resources Department.
an equal opportunity employer.
The Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford encourages employees within the Association, as well as those employed within the Canadian YMCA/YMCA-YWCA Federation to submit their application. Please note that in so doing, the Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford reserves the right to contact the applicable YMCA or YMCA-YWCA for purposes of seeking an employment reference throughout the recruitment process.
Please ensure that prior to submitting your application that you have disclosed to your current supervisor, your intention to submit your application. By submitting your application, you understand and agree to allow the Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford to contact your current Association.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*