This job has Expired
Clinic Supervisor of Pediatric Dentistry OFS
Reporting to the Director of Clinical Operations and the Division Chair, the OFS Supervisor will be responsible for supervising services, staff and synchronization of the operational services for Pediatric Dentistry Clinics on Parnassus site, including Faculty Practice, Postgraduate Clinic, Predoctoral Clinic, as well as off site clinics:Tenderloin Clinic, Pelaluma Clinic, UC Oakland Children Hospital Clinic, and other affiliated clinics within Pediatric Dentistry. The incumbent will perform the supervision of patient reception, scheduling, staffing, billing and clinical oversight and will ensure patient-centric access services are delivered smoothly and efficiently.
Under the direction of Director of Clinical Operations and the Division Chair, the OFS supervisor will assist in management decision and strategic planning as it relates to the implementation of departmental policies and procedures, and will provide analysis in a variety of complex situation encompassing all areas of responsibility. They will also work with Dental Center Patient Billing Unit to enhance billing workflows/procedure across Pediatric Dentistry clinics.
The OFS Supervisor has a dotted reporting line to the Division Chief and will serve as a liaison between faculty, residents and staff. They will collaborate with Dental Center leadership to identify and proactively mitigate issues which create barriers to clinics access and patient flow. The supervisor will be responsible for creating and maintaining a goal-oriented climate of cross-team collaboration for effective problem solving, conflict resolution, support for organizational values and standard work.
The UCSF School of Dentistry, Department of Orofacial Sciences is an exciting academic and clinical enterprise, the role of which is teaching and practicing the diagnosis and treatment of localized and systemic oral diseases and developmental conditions and advancing knowledge about them.
Several clinical disciplines comprise this Department including Craniofacial Anomalies, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology, Orthodontics, Pediatric Dentistry and Periodontology. Cross-disciplinary clinical, teaching and research activities characterize this Department, which benefits from strong interactions within the Dental School, other campus Schools and the Medical Center. Educational activities are broad, providing both predoctoral and postdoctoral students alike with a strong basis of knowledge and clinical experience. Postgraduate programs in Orthodontics, Pediatric Dentistry, Periodontology and Oral Medicine complete the department’s instructional activities. Research in the Department covers a broad spectrum of basic, translational, and clinical sciences that complement the clinical activities of the Department.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Skills to supervise support staff in clinic / center administration, and to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of practice operations, patient-scheduling systems, medical and insurance terminology, applicable information systems, patient service standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Basic knowledge of human resources management policies, with the ability to train, monitor, evaluate, and document human resources issues and performance, and to provide input to decision-making on human resources matters.
- Detail oriented, with the ability to apply analytical and critical thinking skills to quickly analyze problems, determine appropriate level of intervention, and apply effective solutions.
- Solid interpersonal skills for effective information exchange and problem solving with all levels of management and staff, consultants, and outside agencies.
- Skills in written and verbal communications, with the ability to convey complex administrative, clinical, and technical information in a clear and concise manner, and to produce a variety of reports and analyses.
- Knowledge of business software and specialized applications and data management systems used in clinic / center operations.
- Working knowledge of medical/dental office skills. Strong computer skills. Must stay current on new features of appointment/billing and EHR system). Experience with computerized appointment and dental billing system
- Exceptional telephone skills. Excellent communication, data entry and organizational skills. Ability to deal with a wide variety of people in and effective and courteous manner. Must be a team player who works well with staff, faculty and patients.
- Must be able to work independently, under stress in a busy clinic environment, and to set priorities.
- Prior supervisory experience.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences. We bring together the world’s leading experts in nearly every area of health. We are home to five Nobel laureates who have advanced the understanding of cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, aging and stem cells.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Job Code and Payroll Title
004172 AMBUL CARE ADMSTN SUPV 1
Dentistry, Supervisory / Management
99 - Policy-Covered (No Bargaining Unit)
Parnassus Heights (SF)
Additional Shift Details
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*