Research Associate II- Smidt Heart Institute -Albert lab
Requisition # HRC0972261
Working under direct supervision, our Research Associate II will perform routine and increasingly sophisticated laboratory tasks and develops practical experience in one or more areas related to research projects. You will participate in research activities involving the research process, to include, but not limited to; investigation, scientific testing/validation of results, and report findings. Will perform a wide range of routine experimental protocols and procedures to support the objectives of laboratory research projects. You will observe and align with safety standards and procedures, assist in preparation of data for publication and/or presentation at scholarly meetings, and support the general laboratory. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Support the Principal Investigator (PI) and Research Lab in the execution and continuation of research operations. Will be responsible for daily operations of an academic research laboratory, actively participate in the training of postdoctoral fellows/graduate students/undergraduates/technicians, and perform primary research as needed to explore new insights or help bring ongoing projects to publication. Duties will include leading all aspects of the conservation of equipment/inventory; perform analysis and documentation of experimental protocols; use routine and special skills supervising the safety of lab space. Responsibilities include coordinating use of laboratory funds, supply inventory, and staff activities; performing primary bench research to explore new insights during the inception phase and/or assisting with completing ongoing research projects in preparation for publication; maintaining and organizing reagents/supplies database; assisting with planning, organizing, and coordinating grant submissions, project reports, talks/presentations, and lab-wide activities; supervising research compliance activities; serving as EHS safety officer; coordinate protocol implementation and renewals; the upkeep of an active animal colony; serve as the primary resource for lab members on research methods, onboarding new staff to the lab, and training lab members in equipment operation and research methodologies, and perform other duties as requested.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of increasingly sophisticated experimental protocols and procedures to design unusual protocols and techniques.
- Keeps accurate and detailed records of experiments and results, and assist in identifying and troubleshooting of unexpected results.
- Orders laboratory supplies and supports laboratory operations.
- Maintains lab equipment and related records and may coordinate use of lab equipment.
- Assists in the operation of specific equipment by the area of research.
- Assists in preparing data for publication and/or presentation at scholarly meetings.
- Observes and follows safety practices, standards, and procedures.
- Orients research laboratory assistants or lower level research associates and undergraduate student researchers on day-today lab operations and routine procedures.
- Bachelor of Science in biology, biochemistry, or related areas.
- Masters Degree in related subject preferred
- One (1) year laboratory experience is required.
- Four (4) yearsâ€™ niche lab experience (which may include experience gained as an undergraduate).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and attention to detail.
- Budget management and project management experience.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Able to perform moderate lifting.
- Able to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Able to read papers and online documents.
- Able to operate standard office equipment.
- Able to exercise physical ability and perspective acuity to satisfactorily perform essential job functions.
Research Associate II- Smidt Heart Institute -Albert lab
Heart Institute Operations
Academic / Research
Research Studies/Clinical Trials
8 hour shift
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply Now Apply Later
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*