This position is responsible for developing, planning, and executing research and product development projects in coordination with team members and managers. The incumbent will be responsible for designing and executing experiments and analyzing data to further product development and research goals. This position may supervise the work of others directly and/or across interdisciplinary teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, designs, and executes experiments to support research, feasibility, and product development and qualification efforts.
- Prepares experimental procedures, maintains laboratory notebooks and prepares procedures, batch/test records to support product development and research efforts.
- Analyzes data using appropriate software, including statistical analyses, and prepares tables/graphs to highlight findings.
- Presents findings/analyses and any associated issues/solutions to peer groups and managers; makes recommendations for project advancement.
- Troubleshoots and optimizes experiments; communicates issues and solutions to managers.
- Performs literature and market research on new research or product areas.
- Procures reagents and equipment needed to perform experiments.
- Establishes and monitors direct report performance and development goals, assigns accountabilities, sets objectives, establishes priorities, and provides continuous feedback and recognition on performance.
- Prepares and/or supports preparation of invention disclosures, patent applications, grant proposals, posters and papers.
- Works cross functionally with other business units on projects/products or associated deliverables.
- Understands, follows and enforces laboratory safety precautions to ensure compliance with company safety policies.
- Specific duties may vary depending upon departmental requirements.
- Ph.D. in Life Sciences, Engineering or related field preferred.
- Additional postdoctoral or industrial experience preferred.
- M.S. may be considered with additional years of independent and productive research or development experience.
- Minimum of 4 years hands-on laboratory experience.
- Experience with immunoassay development in an industrial environment desired.
- Supervisory/management experience desired.
- A strong publication record desired.
- Experience in analyzing data required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:Â
- Strong scientific fundamentals and analytical background.
- Training and experience with BSL-2 techniques is required.
- Problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to organize and move project tasks forward in an orderly and structured fashion.
- Leadership skills with demonstrated knowledge and understanding of staff management practices and processes.
- Ability to establish accountabilities and expectations and manage performance to achieve results.
- Demonstrated propensity to be creative, collaborative, proactive, and self-motivated in the execution and completion of assigned tasks.
- Strong analytical skills with the demonstrated ability to gather and evaluate complex data and information and develop a recommendation and plan of action.
- Solid communication (written and verbal) skills regardless of the format (e.g., documents, public speaking situations, presentations, etc.).
- Attention to detail with demonstrated commitment to excellence and performance.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple and often changing priorities and issues of varying complexity, while meeting time-sensitive deadlines and deliverables.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), GraphPad Prism and SharePoint.
- Strong knowledge in statistics required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is frequently required to sit and stand for long periods. The individual is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms.
- Up to 70 % of the day may be spent at a laboratory bench.
- There are aspects of the positions duties that require a person in this role to work at heights above four (4) feet on occasion and move/lift up to 25 pounds.
- Laboratory environment working with chemical reagents and performing some Biosafety Level 2 work
- May involve handling of BSL-2 materials and organisms including human blood and/or blood products.
Send resume to email@example.com .
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*