132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Full Job Description
This position is full time and the responsibilities are to use electron microscopy methods, including cryo electron tomography, to elucidate the structure of signaling complexes at synapses of the central nervous system or of the mechanosensory transduction apparatus on hair cells of the inner ear, in combination with complementary biochemical, biophysical and optical fluorescence studies.
Function/Duties of Position:
- Planning, executing, and analyzing experiments for independent research project(s) using electron microscopy, molecular, biochemical, and optical imaging approaches in the mammalian nervous or auditory systems.
- Manuscript preparation for individual projects and assisting other lab members with manuscripts as needed.
- Assisting the PI and other lab members with grant application (data acquisition, writing assistance, editing) as needed.
- Traveling to national and international meetings to present on findings.
- Helping to mentor and train junior members of the laboratory.
- Ph.D. in relevant field of study.
- Background in electron microscopy and in biochemistry.
- The fundamentals of imaging using electrons, in combination with state-of-the-art image processing methods.
- Extensive microscopy experience using single particle or tomography, purification and characterization of protein or other biological molecules, and exposure to optical imaging methods.
- Exposure to tomography theory and practice.
Physical demands & equipment usage: Need to be able to lift boxes and other small items as needed – approx. 20lbs.
All are welcome: Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an organization devoted to the health and well-being of people in Oregon and beyond, OHSU requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*