Assistant Director, Business and Continuing Professional Education Programs
- Class Description
The purpose of this position is to coordinate professional level administrative duties in managing daily operations of the Business and Management program area, to include contract training as well as open enrollment for business, professional licensure and certification, and entrepreneurship. The position will manage current client relationships, develop new business within the current client base, and develop new client partnerships, as well as identify new areas for potential enrollment growth in the business area. Compensation within the posted range is determined by a candidate's education level and/or years of experience in the field. Generally, employees are hired in the lower third of the scale.
- Minimum Requirements
Bachelor’s degree require, degree in business, marketing, or related field, and Master’s degree preferred. Minimum five (5) years of full-time experience in a capacity that includes the planning and implementation of programs, services/and or products in a relevant industry is required. Relevant industries include but are not limited to the following sectors: business, business services, education, government, human resources, information technology, criminal justice, marketing, and associated service providers. Of the five years of experience, two of those years must include full-time supervisory experience and two years of business development, sales, or community outreach in the relevant industry. Experience serving diverse student populations preferred.
For best consideration please apply by October 30, 2022.
- Class Specific Essential Duties
- Provide direct supervision and evaluation to assigned staff.
- Lead business development efforts with external contract training partners for assigned program areas.
- Coordinate a functional process within assigned College department or division.
- Design, develop and implement department programs or initiatives.
- Monitor compliance with policies and procedures.
- Maintain department records and files, as required.
- Facilitate and attend meetings, as required.
- Recruit, select, supervise, advise, and evaluate assigned staff, as required.
- Prepare, analyze and provide reports on miscellaneous subjects, as requested.
- Forecast and manage program expenses efficiently and economically.
- Identify access and analyze program data in the college’s enterprise system.
- Develop new courses (including meeting accreditation and/or certification standards) and course series for both open enrollment and contract training.
- Provide superior customer service and problem solving to both students and contract training clients.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*